C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 help

Sorry guys, I had made a post in technical as well, but I think because of the title it was a bit misleading. 

Is there anyone out there that has a lot of experience using a standard doorbell with this thing?

The only door station, you just simply connected and the call button would press and release the relay automatically without programming. 

It seems in this door station, that does not occur. 

So right now, I have it as programming that when the call button is pressed, it will open the relay, and then wait 500 milliseconds and then close it. This gives the most accurate "Ding..... Dong" spacing. 
However; I am finding that it is very intermittent. Have the time the call button is pressed, nothing happens. I am thinking eventually we will go to an announcement, I have Chow's driver, but while we finish the basement and theater I don't have all sound running. It would be nice to just have a normal door bell for the time being. 

Does anyone have any ideas? If I am not explaining the programming well, let me know I can post a photo. 

Add a delay before activating the relay. Start with 500ms.

Plan B
If the delay doesn't work:
Go to the properties, enable Advanced Properties if you haven't done it. Enable "Call Button for Programming Only", click Set.

In programming:
When button is pressed:
Close relay
500ms delay
Open relay
250ms delay (Adjust)
Initiate call from DS2 to "All" Group

Make sure the relay activation is before the call.

55 minutes ago, eddy.trochez said:

Add a delay before activating the relay. Start with 500ms.

Plan B
If the delay doesn't work:
Go to the properties, enable Advanced Properties if you haven't done it. Enable "Call Button for Programming Only", click Set.

In programming:
When button is pressed:
Close relay
500ms delay
Open relay
250ms delay (Adjust)
Initiate call from DS2 to "All" Group

Make sure the relay activation is before the call.

Yeah, this is basically what I have.
This all works, I was just hoping there was a better way. It doesn't seem to be flawless with the programming. I am assuming it is network related issues right now while we try and get everything set up. It would just be awesome if the unit by default had a way of triggering the doorbell where you didn't have to do programming controller side to do it. 

Yes, it can be done. You can program the DS2 to activate the relay when the button is pressed. You do this in the Web Interface of the DS2. Download the Automation API from the 2N website. It tells you how to do it. I like to do as much programming as I can in the DS2 itself, you'll be surprised how customizable the DS2 is.

1 hour ago, eddy.trochez said:

Yes, it can be done. You can program the DS2 to activate the relay when the button is pressed. You do this in the Web Interface of the DS2. Download the Automation API from the 2N website. It tells you how to do it. I like to do as much programming as I can in the DS2 itself, you'll be surprised how customizable the DS2 is.

oh awesome! I didn't even know this was a thing! Thanks!

On 3/11/2018 at 3:21 PM, eddy.trochez said:

Thanks for this! It worked great. 
I set up function 2 under automation to 

1. Event.keypress     key=%1
2. Action.SetOutPut event=1; output=relay1

It works like a charm. 

Something that was interesting though, is that I have video on my T3 touchscreen ,but on the other touchscreens it says "audio only"
I have to figure out what that is all about. Does video not work between the older camera intercoms and the Ds2?

Has anyone set up the bluetooth access with their phones? To auto unlock the door when they arrive at the house with the DS2?
It would be cool if the DS2 could sense my phone, and then send the unlock to my Kwikset. 

We have the Bluetooth module in the 2N Verso (same hardware as a DS2 but different firmware) at our office. You have to open the app, wait to be in range (configurable in the web interface), then press the button on the app to open the door. We have used it a grand total of 0 times after initial setup and testing, it's much easier just to type in a code on the keypad or wave an RFID fob (we have a separate access control system connected to the door, the 2N is set to trigger this which then triggers the door).

TLDR; IMO the Bluetooth module isn't worth it.

• 5 months later...

Is the Automation module where I create a button within the Intercom APP that allows me to, for example, unlock my door?  If so, can that we done in the existing Ds2 web interface or do i have to download the automation module from 2N?

_---update-----_ I figured it out.

• 1 year later...
On 3/14/2018 at 10:03 PM, badjesus said:

Thanks for this! It worked great. 
I set up function 2 under automation to 

1. Event.keypress     key=%1
2. Action.SetOutPut event=1; output=relay1

It works like a charm. 

Something that was interesting though, is that I have video on my T3 touchscreen ,but on the other touchscreens it says "audio only"
I have to figure out what that is all about. Does video not work between the older camera intercoms and the Ds2?

I'm trying to logon to the DS2 web interface to configure the relay to ring the doorbell, but I'm not longer able to log on. I keep getting "invalid  password." Any ideas? I have the latest driver. Did that cause the password to change?

Update: "Effective January 1st, 2020 California regulations require devices to change access passwords on first use, to accommodate these new regulations Control4 has modified the firmware of the DS2 Door Station to conform to these regulations."

The username is still "admin". The password is randomly created by the latest driver. The new password is shown in Composer (System Design) Device Properties.  The API password shown in Device Properties is also the Web IU password.

Edited by WhyPhy
Provided info on how to find new password.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TikiTat said:

Which terminal do I connect the existing doorbell wire to on the DS2?  I'm thinking RELAY1 based on the above discussion?  Thanks

Yes, it should be the outer 2 relay terminals. You don’t need to use the center (normally closed) terminal on the relay. Then program the DS2 to activate the relay on button press; this is configured in the device settings. 

Yes, it should be the outer 2 relay terminals. You don’t need to use the center (normally closed) terminal on the relay. Then program the DS2 to activate the relay on button press; this is configured in the device settings. 

Thanks very much.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.