C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Tank Utility Driver (Propane Level Monitor)

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png 
Chowmain - Tank Utility Driver (Propane Level Monitor) 
Tank Utility manufactures battery operated wifi devices which monitor propane tank levels. Integrated into Control4 this ensures that the house responds to different levels of propane. This can be used to informs the home owner upon low levels or Control4 can be programmed to turn off unnecessary loads to preserve energy once it reaches a certain level.

Features

• Pulls data from the Tank Utility cloud 
    • Total tank capacity 
    • Tank level percentage 
    • Tank temperature (Fahrenheit) 
  • Experience Button provides feedback on the tank level 
    • Shows to the closest level in 5% increments. 
    • Guage shows percentage in green (above 70%), Orange (above 35%) and Red (30% and below) 
    • Clicking on button will update the data immediately. 
  • Event on low level (level set in the driver's properties) 
  • Variables for current tank level & current temperature 

FAQ 

Why is this product exciting? 
Monitoring and automating propane levels is extremely important for backup generators. The customer can be warned when the level is too low via notifications, emails or even an audio announcement. 
When this happens the dealer can programatically conserve energy by switching off unnecessary loads to ensure criticial systems remain operating throughout the power outage. 

How does the customer get informed of the current level? 
We developed an experience button which provides feedback in 5% increments. This gives the customer visual feedback on any Control4 navigator of the propane level at any time. 

Where can i purchase the hardware? 
The propane level monitor can be purchased from Tank Utility. It is a battery operated wifi based device which can be installed easily on any Rochester Remote Ready Dial (see installation guide for information ) 

NOTE - You will need good wifi signal at your tank. This driver communicates via the Tank Utility cloud service. As such if internet is disrupted data cannot be uploaded to by the Tank Utility device. or obtained by Control4. 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website 

Installation Guide 

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver can be purchased from our distributor driverCentral. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence 

Who do i contact for technical support? 
We have two support desks. One in Australia and one in the US. Click on the link below for details. 

Support 

Do you provide trial licences? 
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. 

Tank-Utility-Small.gif

Archived