C4 Forums | Control4

Things to try for a newbie

Hi. Just got HE and want to try some basics like adding voice control so that I can start a Spotify station across all my audio zones. Also what other cool stuff can I do. I have multiple video/audio inputs, Heatmiser and cctv. Already have voice control for radio in each room as well as heating and speaker volume in each zone. I also have 4 T3’s dotted around as well  

if anyone has some examples or training notes that would be great. 

I am very new and have never programmed anything in my life 

1 hour ago, dcovach said:

Thanks Dan, looked at this, was really after some examples and suggestions on what is simple with my system for a complete novice :-)

34 minutes ago, Stevestobo said:

Thanks Dan, looked at this, was really after some examples and suggestions on what is simple with my system for a complete novice :-)

any c4 keypads?  single press turn on an audio source, double tap mute the source, 3 taps turn off the source.  i know you have voice control so not be needed for you.

if a user code is punched into the front door lock you get a text of who is unlocking your door?  or you only have heat, video/audio set up per your first post?  like my first example with the audio stream starting, any other things already programmed for audio or video?

Nah no keypads only have cctv, heating, video and audio. I have scenes for Spotify in each room as well as tv on/off in 3 rooms. Also my dealer set up the ring doorbell to trigger the cctv from the front door to show on the T3’s as well as whole house audio doorbell. He also set up a “party” scene that switched on who house audio to a specific station, would like to edit that to play a Spotify station instead but can’t find where to edit it. Any ideas?

I did however find the motion sound for the doorbell and changed it to a different wav file that now plays through the T3’s when the doorbell detects motion. Not exactly hard to do though lol

If you're wanting to do voice scenes with Alexa, make sure your dealer added the Voice Scene Driver (it's free and will just have to look for it in HE as they could've stuck it anywhere in your setup). You'll need that to program native C4 actions with Alexa and will also have to have 4Sight. Or you can purchase the Epic Driver as another option if you don't have and don't want 4Sight. 

• 7 months later...

Archived