C4 Forums | Control4

Status of the Heatmiser Neo driver

Hi folks!

Is anyone using the Heatmiser Neo driver?
It used to work great until spring 2017 when Heatmiser released the FW 2.x - after that every time control4 checked the thermostats status it ereased all programming from the Neo system (profiles etc...).

I did file a bug report via my dealer back in Nov '17 but havent heared back anything useful - so I am asking myself if I am the only one using that driver as I would have expected a fixed driver after like 6 months !?

thx for any feedback

I use it all the time, I haven’t found issues my customers tend to use heatmiser app and control4 app and they sync across without any issue. I’ve not seen any erasing of data... I’m about to do another 4 heatmiser installs will report back if I find anything they will be integrated with control4 and rti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
16 hours ago, Lee_C4 said:

Hi did you manage to solve these issues at all? My dealer installed the Heatmiser  Neo driver in 2015 and I scrapped the whole C4 integration side as it kept erasing my profiles. Have there been a new driver since then? Thanks

14 hours ago, Lee_C4 said:

Hi did you manage to solve these issues at all? My dealer installed the Heatmiser  Neo driver in 2015 and I scrapped the whole C4 integration side as it kept erasing my profiles. Have there been a new driver since then? Thanks

Well  then you definitely use NEO firmware 2.x  and your dealer and maybe even Control4 have no clue about the NEO integration.

I had the same issue. All profiles vanished after a couple of minutes/hours. So after a long and tedious email conversation with Heatmiser support (they had an issue troubleshooting a 3rd party integration) I finally got an answer:

Control4 and Heatmiser NEO only works in the programming mode 7-day. As soon as you set up profiles in the 5/2 day mode and Control4 connects to the Heatmiser system Control4 changes the mode to 7-day and woops all profiles are deleted - and that also happens when you change from 5/2 day mode to 7-day via the NEO app, so that is an intended behavior from the NEO.

So as long as you run the NEO in 7-day mode Control4 integration isn't utterly broken, you can set heat modes and temperatures and that works just fine.

However the NEO 2.x firmware broke the support of running profiles via Control4 programming. Profiles in NEO firmware v1 corresponded to a heating schedule and the attached rooms. But now with firmware V2 a profile contains only a heating schedule an no associated rooms - so if you run that via Control4 program nothing happens because the NEO hub has no idea on which rooms to run the profile on.

On order to get the old functionality back Control4 would need to do make one the two updates to the driver:

1 - it needs to run recipes instead of profiles but that isn't supported by the outdated driver.

2- When I go to "extras" in the Control4 GUI/OSD I can see my profiles and I also can load them correctly into the current room - but to change all my rooms I have to manually use the Control4 GUI and selected each room and then manually load the profile by hand - which is not acceptable.
Theoretically I can load a profile via Conrol4 programming and therefore create a macro to apply profiles to certain rooms but that option is "greyed out" in programming - if that is changed the full functionality would be available.

This problem represents the major issue I have with Control4 business model:
They are too far away from their customers. If the dealer is an not interested , doesn't understand the issue or his Control4 contact doesn't understand the issue there is no way to solve it.

• 1 year later...
On 10/28/2018 at 3:02 PM, blub said:

Well  then you definitely use NEO firmware 2.x  and your dealer and maybe even Control4 have no clue about the NEO integration.

I had the same issue. All profiles vanished after a couple of minutes/hours. So after a long and tedious email conversation with Heatmiser support (they had an issue troubleshooting a 3rd party integration) I finally got an answer:

Control4 and Heatmiser NEO only works in the programming mode 7-day. As soon as you set up profiles in the 5/2 day mode and Control4 connects to the Heatmiser system Control4 changes the mode to 7-day and woops all profiles are deleted - and that also happens when you change from 5/2 day mode to 7-day via the NEO app, so that is an intended behavior from the NEO.

So as long as you run the NEO in 7-day mode Control4 integration isn't utterly broken, you can set heat modes and temperatures and that works just fine.

However the NEO 2.x firmware broke the support of running profiles via Control4 programming. Profiles in NEO firmware v1 corresponded to a heating schedule and the attached rooms. But now with firmware V2 a profile contains only a heating schedule an no associated rooms - so if you run that via Control4 program nothing happens because the NEO hub has no idea on which rooms to run the profile on.

On order to get the old functionality back Control4 would need to do make one the two updates to the driver:

1 - it needs to run recipes instead of profiles but that isn't supported by the outdated driver.

2- When I go to "extras" in the Control4 GUI/OSD I can see my profiles and I also can load them correctly into the current room - but to change all my rooms I have to manually use the Control4 GUI and selected each room and then manually load the profile by hand - which is not acceptable.
Theoretically I can load a profile via Conrol4 programming and therefore create a macro to apply profiles to certain rooms but that option is "greyed out" in programming - if that is changed the full functionality would be available.

This problem represents the major issue I have with Control4 business model:
They are too far away from their customers. If the dealer is an not interested , doesn't understand the issue or his Control4 contact doesn't understand the issue there is no way to solve it.

Thanks for the well documented feedback.  Is this still the same status with the Heatmiser integration?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.