C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 compatible plug socket

Whats the best and cheapest route to allow a customer to remotely switch a plug socket on or off

Something simple with free drivers, they have a Heatmiser Neo system and I know Heatmiser have remote plugs but I cannot see any C4 drivers

MAK

19 minutes ago, makidoja said:

Whats the best and cheapest route to allow a customer to remotely switch a plug socket on or off

Something simple with free drivers, they have a Heatmiser Neo system and I know Heatmiser have remote plugs but I cannot see any C4 drivers

MAK

WeMo or Control4

56 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

mark, we use WeMo and have Chowmain driver however they is a free WeMo driver floating around it was posted on this forum 

Sure. The distinction is WeMo uses wifi where as the proprietry c4 device that does this in the US (only available with US power rating) is zigbee. Cheers. 

• 1 month later...

All of our licences are site licences which means you buy one licence to use as many instances as you want.

We have several sockets integrated including

If you do need more than one outlet in a single location i recommend using a IP controlled power board.

• APC 8XXX PDU - Dynamically controls as many outlets as there are on the PDU (have seen some with 24 outlets)
  • Thor - Australian based PDU with two switchable circuits
  • Tinycontrol - Insanely cheap european PDU with upto 6 outlets.
  • Pakedge - Controls the Pakedge P series of smart outlets (2 outlet, 8 outlet and 20 outlets)

12 hours ago, alanchow said:

If you do need more than one outlet in a single location i recommend using a IP controlled power board.

• APC 8XXX PDU - Dynamically controls as many outlets as there are on the PDU (have seen some with 24 outlets)
  • Thor - Australian based PDU with two switchable circuits
  • Tinycontrol - Insanely cheap european PDU with upto 6 outlets.
  • Pakedge - Controls the Pakedge P series of smart outlets (2 outlet, 8 outlet and 20 outlets)

Similar devices at Digital Loggers. I have used their stuff for industrial test automation for the cable tv industry. Don't think drivers would be that difficult to create.

https://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html

https://dlidirect.com/products/ethernet-power-controller-6

They have a nice POE injector with API control as well.

They even have these that could be driven off the controller relays

https://dlidirect.com/products/iot-power-relay

• 1 year later...

Hi all, this is reviving an old thread, but I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of the free wemo socket driver.  I can't seem to find it.  I did find Ramourous' driver but it's from 2014, not sure it will work.  I receive the socket tomorrow.

Thanks!

Rob

3 hours ago, zax123 said:

Hi all, this is reviving an old thread, but I was wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of the free wemo socket driver.  I can't seem to find it.  I did find Ramourous' driver but it's from 2014, not sure it will work.  I receive the socket tomorrow.

Thanks!

Rob

Ramorous has worked for me for 3 years. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.