C4 Forums | Control4

Sky TV Driver Macro

My Sky TV driver has a macro called 'set_channel'

It is something to do with a '3 digit channel delay 250ms'

How do I make use of this in my programming? - is there a method to use this macro instead of:

push 0

delay 250

push 5

delay 250

push 1

1 hour ago, brucecampbell said:

My Sky TV driver has a macro called 'set_channel'

It is something to do with a '3 digit channel delay 250ms'

How do I make use of this in my programming? - is there a method to use this macro instead of:

push 0

delay 250

push 5

delay 250

push 1

That macro is used if you set the channels up in the media tab of composer. When you set up your channels, you should have a new item under watch, that lists channels and allows you to select a channel from there. When you select the channel, it will turn the system on and tune to that channel. We use it for favorites for customers all the time. It also can be a handy way to set up alexa control of channel selection with some additional programming.

47 minutes ago, RR61522 said:

That macro is used if you set the channels up in the media tab of composer. When you set up your channels, you should have a new item under watch, that lists channels and allows you to select a channel from there. When you select the channel, it will turn the system on and tune to that channel. We use it for favorites for customers all the time. It also can be a handy way to set up alexa control of channel selection with some additional programming.

Great to know,

This sounds like a better option than coding 100 + channels each with 5 lines of code (three number button clicks and delays between)

31 minutes ago, brucecampbell said:

Great to know,

This sounds like a better option than coding 100 + channels each with 5 lines of code (three number button clicks and delays between)

No problem. It is much less time consuming to set it up this way. I have done a few manually when the lineup has changed, so I know the process very well. Also done it on Crestron back in the days before that had some ability to do drag and drop programming as well....

• 2 weeks later...

I've set up the sky tv channels in the media section of composer - under the Sky Network option.

However in Programming, these channels are not available to select?

What am I missing?

The channels are showing up as expected in the navigators.

Archived