C4 Forums | Control4

hc250 software update

Hi, 

I am new to control4, i just bough an apartment and the previous owner have a hc250 but are currently running a 2.5.2 version and i call a local (in Mexico) dealer and quote me 160 USD for the visit to update the software of the hc250, is this reasonable price? can it be done remotely ?

thanks in advance!

Luis 

The price is not outrageous for a site visit and bearing in mind this is quite a dated OS version. 

If you have the login info the Control4 account to which the controller is registered, then you may be able to use a remote dealer and perhaps save a few dollars. 

4 minutes ago, luistrevino said:

Hi, 

I am new to control4, i just bough an apartment and the previous owner have a hc250 but are currently running a 2.5.2 version and i call a local (in Mexico) dealer and quote me 160 USD for the visit to update the software of the hc250, is this reasonable price? can it be done remotely ?

thanks in advance!

Luis 

It can be done remotely but 160USD is reasonable for a site visit including a system update.  A site visit is the best way to verify that everything in the system is working after the update.

It can be done remotely but 160USD is reasonable for a site visit including a system update.  A site visit is the best way to verify that everything in the system is working after the update.
Updating from such an old version I would highly recommend on site

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If it's not my system (as in not my existing client that I know, can warn and plan to stop by if needed on short notice) I wouldn't do a pre 2.6 to post 2.6 remotely either - would want to know the physical setup. Seems very reasonable.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived