C4 Forums | Control4

Popcorn Hour Rockbox

I purchased a new Rockbox from cloud media assuming that the Popcorn hour driver would still work for it.  After getting it installed, I see that isnt the case.  Has one bought one of these and tried to get it into your system?  I am on 2.10.

Is there a driver that someone knows about to add this to my system?

14 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Wow that was a leap of faith! Rockboxes are andriod devices - more over I think they use a Kodi fork on them if not full Kodi - it may be able to work with the Kodi Driver @alanchow might be able to chime in on that

I have never heard of Rockboxes before but if it can install apps from Playstore then the Videostorm IRUSB hardware will work with it.  Our Kodi Full driver has IRUSB support so Android STB's is one of our supported platforms.

12 hours ago, alanchow said:

I have never heard of Rockboxes before but if it can install apps from Playstore then the Videostorm IRUSB hardware will work with it.  Our Kodi Full driver has IRUSB support so Android STB's is one of our supported platforms.

It was a $50 box that I didnt have an issue taking a leap of faith on.  I was hoping that it would work just fine with the Popcorn Hour driver that I already had.  Thanks Alan, I will look in to these other solutions that you listed out.  I was hoping that the device would play my blu ray files that I have on my server, and it doesnt even look like it will do that.  I have 1 of the old Popbox's and those work great, just aging and doesnt perform the best any more.  My hope was to replace it with this new Rockbox. 

On that note, does anyone have a good solution for playing my blu ray files from my server?  I dont need a A500 from Popcorn hour in my bedroom for these files.  i have always been a Popcorn Hour guy, but I am open to a change.

17 minutes ago, Jaffacree said:

It was a $50 box that I didnt have an issue taking a leap of faith on.  I was hoping that it would work just fine with the Popcorn Hour driver that I already had.  Thanks Alan, I will look in to these other solutions that you listed out.  I was hoping that the device would play my blu ray files that I have on my server, and it doesnt even look like it will do that.  I have 1 of the old Popbox's and those work great, just aging and doesnt perform the best any more.  My hope was to replace it with this new Rockbox. 

On that note, does anyone have a good solution for playing my blu ray files from my server?  I dont need a A500 from Popcorn hour in my bedroom for these files.  i have always been a Popcorn Hour guy, but I am open to a change.

Dune Solo 4K

Archived