C4 Forums | Control4

Using hc-200 in2.10

As the title states I found a driver on here last night so I dusted off my old hc-200 and added it to my system to control my living rm.

The driver was added and I was able to connect the hc-200 to the system but I am getting no control.

Any help is appreciated

Heres the post:

Posted April 8

@wappinghigh I had roughly the same issue, I've attached a driver that will let you use the serial and ir connections and if you add a Speaker Point to the project it'll let you use the audio outputs as it disables the advanced audio. It's a trade-off. This is just using the hc generic proxy and mapping the search targets for you.

annex4_hc300.c4i

EDIT: I guess it would help if i posted the 200 version.

annex4_hc200.c4i

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, dangerous_sep said:

As the title states I found a driver on here last night so I dusted off my old hc-200 and added it to my system to control my living rm.

The driver was added and I was able to connect the hc-200 to the system but I am getting no control.

Any help is appreciated

What does getting no control mean?

You said you are able to connect what does that mean? You have ID'd it?

What are you trying to use? What have you connected?

What HC-200 do you have the Gen1 or Gen2?

I just tried the HC300 driver and man, it messed some things up, which i sort of expected.

My system was on 2.9.1 and I wanted to update to 2.10.1.  (also has a 250 in the project) While on 2.91 I removed the old HC300 driver and added in the new one posted here, the update manager said there was an update available for the hc300 to version 2.10.1 (same as the HC250) I thought it was very odd it was finding an updated version for the hc300 using 3rd party drivers. I started the update and got errors saying "failed to update driver" the update hung on for an hour without completing, I rebooted the controller and it is didn't come back online.

What is the recommended way of updating C4 OS with this driver? Disconnect it, then update, then reconnect it? Why is it trying to pull version 2.10.1 from the online database to the HC300 using 3rd party drivers.

Before the update failed, the hc300 driver was working to control serial devices so the driver looks like it does work to a certain degree.

I had to re enable director with sysman, now I am trying the update again form 2.9.1 to 2.10.1 without the hc300 identified.

I'll let you know how I make out and how things work in 2.10.1

The system will update regardless of the HC-300 not.  I have done it as well as others.  It won't even say update failed for the 300. It just doesn't update.

If you are getting failed to update driver are you sure the error pertains to the HC-300.

Also this isn't a 3rd party driver really. It's the generic controller driver with the search tag modified to ID a 300 via SDDP.

Use the Generic driver if you want but you then need to ID via IP.

I've had updates hang that had nothing to do with even having an HC-300 in the project. Sometimes it just didn't start director after and manually starting it lets everything else complete.

Now you can update without and ID later or do it before. In your case you may have other issues and want to add the HC-300 after.

Also be aware you likely aren't going to get support from C4, even if you use just the generic driver. If you need support you might have to remove in order to get your issue looked at.

Again this isn't 3rd Party, just something you can try, but should know that you are likely not supported in any way.

14 minutes ago, BraydonH said:

But it does still think there is aan update for the 300 to 2.10.1, I would be scared to click update and see what happens. Just not gunna haha

image.thumb.png.23f346dffc61c0eea9249e2cc6ff5388.png

It doesn't do anything.

What is there to be scared about? Worst case you would recover the controller if it failed badly. Best case it updates.  Reality it does nothing and stays at 2.9.1

To the Annex4 guys - can you clarify what functionality this driver gives you?  Which of the following does it give you:

1. IR ports
  2. Relay/contact connectivity
  3. Serial connectivity
  4. Audio outputs - with the caveat that there is no Advanced Audio.
  5. Navigator UI via Component or composite.

Even if it gives you any of 1, 2 or 3 it is a cheap way to do that, assuming that you get can get one for under $50.

13 minutes ago, zaphod said:

To the Annex4 guys - can you clarify what functionality this driver gives you?  Which of the following does it give you:

1. IR ports
  3. Serial connectivity

Even if it gives you any of 1, 2 or 3 it is a cheap way to do that, assuming that you get can get one for under $50.

1,2,3,4 (but you don't get advanced audio) you have to try 5 for yourself.  I wouldn't even want to run slow navigator from an HC-300 even if it works it isn't a good user experience.

16 minutes ago, zaphod said:

1. IR ports
  3. Serial connectivity

I wouldn't bother going to track down cheap controllers online.  If you have and need to buy time before upgrading ok use it.  But to start looking for controllers that are cheap to use this is pointless.  Willing to bet Control4 gets rid of this in the next few releases.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:09 PM, THEORY said:

1,2,3,4 (but you don't get advanced audio) you have to try 5 for yourself.  I wouldn't even want to run slow navigator from an HC-300 even if it works it isn't a good user experience.

Just out of curiosity, does this allow the hc300 to act as a ZAP? I have a customer this would be very useful for if so.

On 4/16/2018 at 7:13 PM, THEORY said:

I wouldn't bother going to track down cheap controllers online.  If you have and need to buy time before upgrading ok use it.  But to start looking for controllers that are cheap to use this is pointless.  Willing to bet Control4 gets rid of this in the next few releases.

Ok, but I do own a bunch of HC-300s and I haven't upgraded to 2.10 yet since I don't want to lose them.

• 1 year later...

Having successfully used this for an hc300 to drive a legacy serial device in a 2.10 system, does anyone know whether this will still work for 3.0?

And if so is there any prospect of an equivalent for an hc250 that I just use for IR control of a couple of devices in a room.

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.