C4 Forums | Control4

IFTTT so what have you done

ILoveControl

Using IFTTT a lot in normal life, have the @chowmain IFTTT and use it for most of the inbound and outbound scenarios in the manual.

Would be to get a thread going of what y'all are using it for, some good ideas.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Incoming- genfencing, connecting and disconnecting from bluetooth and wifi, Google assistant

Outgoing- pushbullet notifications, xfinity cable box popup notifications, robot vacuums, was doing some smartthings stuff before I got the vera controller

To allow one or two little items of control by sending an email with a given heading to my gmail address, for example:

#C4 data - sends me an email with a data dump of key variables in the system

#C4 cameras - sends me an email with a camera screenshot for each of my 15 cameras (using one of Alan’s drivers)

#C4 reset - Reboots my director (fortunately no one on the forum knows my Gmail address or I would be in trouble now!)

#C4 announcement - plays the body of the email as an announcement using the @annex⁴ Polly driver. 

I tend to use pushover rather than IFTTT scanning my gmail account for the last one as it then plays the announcement immediately rather than being delayed (often by 10 or 15 minutes).  This one freaks my wife out a bit :-)

Incoming- genfencing, connecting and disconnecting from bluetooth and wifi, Google assistant

Outgoing- pushbullet notifications, xfinity cable box popup notifications, robot vacuums, was doing some smartthings stuff before I got the vera controller
Yeah I love those default applets! No idea why but my geo fencing sometimes works sometimes doesn't.

I just got my Vera for basic things it's ok but for example my C02 sensor there is no way to integrate it back into C4. Seems like the Mi Casa drivers are the only ones there.

40 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

Yeah I love those default applets! No idea why but my geo fencing sometimes works sometimes doesn't.

I just got my Vera for basic things it's ok but for example my C02 sensor there is no way to integrate it back into C4. Seems like the Mi Casa drivers are the only ones there.

You can make a virtual switch in vera that is turned on and off with scenes when the co2 sensor is triggered. Then in control4 program off when the virtual switch changes state. 

Same can be done with the vera geofencing

You can make a virtual switch in vera that is turned on and off with scenes when the co2 sensor is triggered. Then in control4 program off when the virtual switch changes state. 

Same can be done with the vera geofencing
So if I understand you there is a Mi Casa virtual switch where I can then call the Device Name from the Room. This will be the C02 sensor.

Or create a Scene in Vera that I can then use the C4 Mi Casa Scene driver to trigger?

Will I be able to pass it the C02 value at all? Or will I have to control all that logic in Vera, having the C02 value would be very cool.

All the other C4 drivers checks the Device Type I.e. you can't use a relay driver and try point it to a C02 sensor it calls out this isn't a relay.

Opened the driver file and all the unencrypted code there isn't much so the logic must sit in Json in the encrypted portion.

Would be nice if there was sample LUA code to use to create ones own driver for the devices.

My favorite driver...nice work @alanchow. I use it for geofencing and tie it to some advanced announcements. I find it's really convenient to use the IFTTT driver to trigger events via Google Calendar that are hard to schedule on a routine basis or don't occur often (wakeup agent for me is one).  

I also have it triggering blinds and have tied some outdoor string lights to C4 with it via Wink. There are just so many options with this driver. 

@sonic30101, keep us posted if you get those Signul beacons. I would be very interested to hear what your experience is with them. 

My favorite driver...nice work [mention=123547]alanchow[/mention]. I use it for geofencing and tie it to some advanced announcements. I find it's really convenient to use the IFTTT driver to trigger events via Google Calendar that are hard to schedule on a routine basis or don't occur often (wakeup agent for me is one).  
I also have it triggering blinds and have tied some outdoor string lights to C4 with it via Wink. There are just so many options with this driver. 
[mention=137980]sonic30101[/mention], keep us posted if you get those Signul beacons. I would be very interested to hear what your experience is with them. 
Like the events to calendar

My favorite driver...nice work [mention=123547]alanchow[/mention]. I use it for geofencing and tie it to some advanced announcements. I find it's really convenient to use the IFTTT driver to trigger events via Google Calendar that are hard to schedule on a routine basis or don't occur often (wakeup agent for me is one).  
[mention=137980]sonic30101[/mention], keep us posted if you get those Signul beacons. I would be very interested to hear what your experience is with them. 
Quick question the advanced announcements is that the chowmain driver?

What ever I try the dam standard announcements are so unreliable.

17 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Like the events to calendar

This is really nice. And similar to what South Africa user was doing with email, it's really convenient to just be able to pull your phone out and schedule/trigger something in your Calendar or Mail app without having to go into Composer or the C4 interface once you have the initial scene programmed.  

9 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Quick question the advanced announcements is that the chowmain driver?

What ever I try the dam standard announcements are so unreliable.

Yeah, I was referring to the Chowmain driver. It works well and is easy to use. It does still use the C4 announcement agent so depending on what issues you're having there, it's possible you might still encounter the same issues. I haven't used the Annex4 Voice Genie driver that sonic mentioned, but it sounds very similar and the Annex4 guys make great drivers, too, so I'm sure it's a good one. 

Yeah, I was referring to the Chowmain driver. It works well and is easy to use. It does still use the C4 announcement agent so depending on what issues you're having there, it's possible you might still encounter the same issues. I haven't used the Annex4 Voice Genie driver that sonic mentioned, but it sounds very similar and the Annex4 guys make great drivers, too, so I'm sure it's a good one. 
Well I spent some time coding today dusting off my good old C days.

Got the Vera Zwave system responding nicely into C4 so all my devices are now visible by C4. So I am not limited by the Mi Casa lack of drivers.

Now I can try figuring out why IFTTT is so slow otherwise I will just use PushSafer and create a driver to interpret.

PushSafer is instant.

How long is your response taking? I have only a very slight delay on IFTTT triggered events compared to local events that are instant, but it's not much and I have horrible Internet (only 7-8mbps down). 

How long is your response taking? I have only a very slight delay on IFTTT triggered events compared to local events that are instant, but it's not much and I have horrible Internet (only 7-8mbps down). 
It's totally random sometimes instant sometimes random like 1 or 5 or 10 mins

1 hour ago, ILoveControl said:

It's totally random sometimes instant sometimes random like 1 or 5 or 10 mins

Yeah, that's way too long. I have, maybe, a second or two delay at most even with my slow Internet. Is it happening with both outgoing and ingoing commands? On the same commands or is that random, too?

Always harder to troubleshoot when there are multiple services talking to each other. 

IFTTT triggers can be realtime and/or polled at set intervals (15 minutes), it depends on the service. Maybe this has something to do with it?
How is it determined, paid service vs free or a setting somewhere?

Archived