C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung IP Driver Problem w/ New TVs

sean_m

Hi all. 

Installed the two new Samsung UN65NU7100 series TVs today and the IP driver only powers the TV on. The TV receives the power ON command, powers on but never sends a replay back to the EA1. So the EA1 just sits waiting for a responce. I used the same IP the works on the 2017 MU series TVs but no luck. C4 support didn't know if a new driver was being created or not.

Anyone else see this yet? 

According to C4 support, once the power ON command is sent to the TV the EA1 waits for a confirmation from the TV that it received the ON command. If the EA1 doesn't receive a confirmation it will not send any other codes. No OFF, MENU ect..

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 3:01 PM, RyanE said:

I'd suggest getting the TV driver identified via a static or statically-assigned DHCP IP Address.

There is a known issue in the currently released Samsung firmware with SDDP.

RyanE

Sorry for the delay but I just got back to this restaurant problem.

I've set it up both static IP and reserved IP using the mac address and they still only power on. At this same location I have two 2017 UN55MU6300 TV models IP controlled and they work fine. 

Today C4 support mentioned the SDDP problem which would explain why the two 2018 UN65NU7100 TV don't show up under the Discover tab but the older TV's do. C4 also mentioned that they are working on a new driver but have no ETA. 

So its either the TV firmware or the IP driver......and we wait. 

Thanks again for the input. 

Samsung 2018 TV models only have IP control in the highest-end models.  I don't have a list of the models to check if your UN55MU6300 is on the list, sorry.

Does it have the IP Control settings in the menu?

If not, you may be better off controlling them over a serial connection.  Samsung provides USB to Serial adapters for free from your Samsung distributor.

RyanE

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

6300 is low end. I highly doubt it. That's why Costco sells it

The OP can test IP control by installing and trying one of the remote apps for android or iOS.  If the apps work the TV has IP control. I posted links in another thread recently for apps that can control Samsung TV's.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2018 at 1:11 PM, RyanE said:

Samsung 2018 TV models only have IP control in the highest-end models.  I don't have a list of the models to check if your UN55MU6300 is on the list, sorry.

Does it have the IP Control settings in the menu?

If not, you may be better off controlling them over a serial connection.  Samsung provides USB to Serial adapters for free from your Samsung distributor.

RyanE

has anyone tried integrating a 2017 model mu6300 series via serial?

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any update on this issue? I have the same problem with two NU series units in a project. At times they work perfectly and other times will not power down. They are both 7100 series and I am using the certified driver for both exact model numbers. I have used  both with SDDP and Static IPs with the same results. The fact that it might work perfectly for two weeks and then not is what is interesting.

• 6 months later...

For me it's the opposite, I also used the SDDP driver for the Samsung UN65NU7100.  The TV would power down successfully 100% of the time but would never power ON.  Once I changed the network connection from SDDP to the static IP address it powered ON 6 out of 6 times.   

• 7 months later...

I have been trying all this as well with a few Samsung UN55NU6950's without any luck.  I can control them via apps on my phone so I figure its only a matter of time but I have tried several drivers with no luck via control4.  I even poked around in the service menus to see if there was something obvious I could enable.  These were from Costco so they are lower end units but I figure if I can do app control C4 should work.

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 1:30 PM, ColeGaugler said:

For me it's the opposite, I also used the SDDP driver for the Samsung UN65NU7100.  The TV would power down successfully 100% of the time but would never power ON.  Once I changed the network connection from SDDP to the static IP address it powered ON 6 out of 6 times.   

I found the best way to set up IP Samsung driver's (from tech support) are to install the driver via SDDP and then in network connections set it to the IP address of the TV. Make sure to reserve the IP address on the router.   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.