C4 Forums | Control4

Obihai SIP integration for DS2, DS2 mini

Was wondering if anyone was thinking/doing any doorbell ring (from DS2 or DS2 mini) thru SIP integration into a home VOIP phone line - so the phones ring basically.

I have an OBIHAI 200 device and just upped firmware to most recent. 

For my DS2 mini, Communication Agent setup has Local, External, and SIP Servers.  The C4 documentation only covers external, so figured I'd start there.  For sip Device Info, I Called ID and SIP AOR are required

* Called ID: what is to be displayed...I'll put in "doorbell" without quotes for a test

* SIP AOR is user@IP format.  For IP, that is a known for the OBIHAI.  For user... not sure but trying the userid to login.  I did see OBIHAI devices have parameter X_REFERAOR checked so that seems doable.

Tested and nothing happened on the phone, so I'll do more digging.

4 hours ago, Destroyer of Worlds said:

Was wondering if anyone was thinking/doing any doorbell ring (from DS2 or DS2 mini) thru SIP integration into a home VOIP phone line - so the phones ring basically.

I have an OBIHAI 200 device and just upped firmware to most recent. 

For my DS2 mini, Communication Agent setup has Local, External, and SIP Servers.  The C4 documentation only covers external, so figured I'd start there.  For sip Device Info, I Called ID and SIP AOR are required

* Called ID: what is to be displayed...I'll put in "doorbell" without quotes for a test

* SIP AOR is user@IP format.  For IP, that is a known for the OBIHAI.  For user... not sure but trying the userid to login.  I did see OBIHAI devices have parameter X_REFERAOR checked so that seems doable.

Tested and nothing happened on the phone, so I'll do more digging.

I'd like to see how this turns out.  I also use the Obihai but only have a t7 touch screen but was curious if I could get something to work.

thanks... I asked my dealer to login and grab kb 1074 for me so I can test.  That's supposed to be the guide for SIP messaging.

Unclear if OBIHAI 200 is a SIP server or just SIP-ready recipient.  There might be a need to get a SIP server in between C4 and the OBI...will see how it goes.

I looked at that when I logged into my Obihai but it doesn't really answer how to setup the SIP server on C4.   So I emailed my dealer for KB 1074 which is supposed to have that info.

For the record I tried admin@IP and password that I use for login.  On my firewall I passed port 5060 for LAN traffic to the IP of the Obi but no ringing happens.

Waiting for dealer...

Archived