C4 Forums | Control4

Triad Power vs. Matrix Amp?

THE L1ZARD KING

Question

I was wondering you'd be able to help me understand the difference between the Triad Power Amp vs the Triad Matrix Amp?  On Control4's site the documentation for the Power Amp is restricted, however from the brief summary I can tell they are both for distributed audio.  Is there a reason one would be picked over the other for whole home audio?  Thanks in advance for your help.

https://www.control4.com/solutions/products/amplifiers-and-receivers 

3 answers to this question

The power amp is a 1 for 1 dummy amp so the input goes to the output and you dont have volume control of the amp itself. It should be used with an audio matrix, or some kind of preamp for source selection/volume.

The matrix amp is a standalone device that will do source selection between the inputs to any zone(s) and has electronic volume control

On 5/8/2018 at 2:10 PM, THE L1ZARD KING said:

I was wondering you'd be able to help me understand the difference between the Triad Power Amp vs the Triad Matrix Amp?  On Control4's site the documentation for the Power Amp is restricted, however from the brief summary I can tell they are both for distributed audio.  Is there a reason one would be picked over the other for whole home audio?  Thanks in advance for your help.

https://www.control4.com/solutions/products/amplifiers-and-receivers 

One of the biggest reasons you should pick it though, is audio quality. (And Rack Space) The 8 Zone Triad Amp and 8x8 Audio Matrix is only slightly higher in cost than the Matrix Amp, but you get DSP, High Resolution support, digital audio inputs, and MUCH better performance in 2U, instead of 4U. The quality is substantially better, much more power, and it sounds amazing. 

Archived