C4 Forums | Control4

Heating Control - Multi Zone

Hi

What is everyone using for integrated heating control?  I have a rather large project whereby we have the following:

1. Main House - Underfloor Heating on Ground Floor (5 Zones) / Radiators Upstairs (9 Rads)
  2. Annex - Single Floor - All Radiators (5 Rads)
  3. All Bathrooms will have electric underfloor heating and radiator towel rails
  4. I could possibly have a boiler in each part of the house - but not sure on best approach.....

Your views welcome :)

I use heatmiser in the U.K.

They have underfloor stats, rad stats and electric underfloor stats for bathrooms and hot water stats

You need the neo hub and the neo stats it’s normal 240v wiring. They also have a 4 zone and 8 zone uhf wiring Center.

How many individual zones do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

I use heatmiser in the U.K.

They have underfloor stats, rad stats and electric underfloor stats for bathrooms and hot water stats

I have the Heatmiser integrated for 4 zones, two underfloor and two radiator groups but not individual radiators as I could not get radiator stats. Do heatmiser do one as there are none on their website, or did you use a third party rad stat if so which one :)

I have the Heatmiser integrated for 4 zones, two underfloor and two radiator groups but not individual radiators as I could not get radiator stats. Do heatmiser do one as there are none on their website, or did you use a third party rad stat if so which one 

By rad stat do you mean the control knob on the rad pipe or if temperature control?

If it’s for the rad pipe you can use anyone they are all the same. They even do ones that are controlled via rf and integrate with ifttt and Control4

For temp control the uhf heatmiser stats do rads you just change the settings in the stat, the ones I’ve used are

https://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/heatmiser-neostat-v2-programmable-thermostat-sapphire-black/

Hope this helps

On 9.5.2018 at 9:01 PM, RobbieF said:

Hi

What is everyone using for integrated heating control?  I have a rather large project whereby we have the following:

1. Main House - Underfloor Heating on Ground Floor (5 Zones) / Radiators Upstairs (9 Rads)
  2. Annex - Single Floor - All Radiators (5 Rads)
  3. All Bathrooms will have electric underfloor heating and radiator towel rails
  4. I could possibly have a boiler in each part of the house - but not sure on best approach.....

Your views welcome :)

Hi

I have the Heatmiser NEO and all underfloor heating. The NEO is available for underfloor heating via water and electric.
So for the radiators you might need another option in case those are not controlled via a central manifold.

On the NEO:

The App for Android is very good since V2 and the system is reliable. However Control4 integration did get worse with the Heatmiser firmware v2 since there are some drawbacks:
- Control4 only works in 7-day mode (Control4 will reset the NEO programming if the 5/2 day mode is selected)
- Heatmiser profiles cannot be applied via programming anymore since the use recipes instead of profiles - with firmware V2 a profile is no longer paired with a room/rooms but only hold the temperature schedule. The rooms are applied via recipes programming in the NEO app - since Control4 can only apply profiles it doesn't work anymore. Maybe they fix it maybe not.

Hi

I have the Heatmiser NEO and all underfloor heating. The NEO is available for underfloor heating via water and electric. So for the radiators you might need another

Neo also works with radiant systems :)

2 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Neo also works with radiant systems :)

Ah nice.

BTW:
Check my post, I accidentally posted it too early. Do you use Neo App and FW 2.x and have the same issues I have?

Archived