C4 Forums | Control4

New C4 Apple Ios App

Hi - I'm new to C4 Forums - have an extensive C4 system - controlling my Audio/AV - CCTV - Lights (via LightwaveRF) and heating (Heatmiser) - have recently switched my mobile phone from samsung (android) to Apple IPhone6 (Ios 11.3) - am running C4 Op 2.91 - have loaded the Apple C4 app from the App store, but it will not connect with my system - keeps informing me that I require a 4Sight license - my old Android App worked perfectly on my home network /WiFi without the requirement for a 4Sight License. Have C4 designed an App which will now only work with a £100 annual license even when only requirement is for home network operability and no internet control required ??? Thank you for help / advice - Newbe Grant

thanks for quick response - I am definitely connected to my home wifi network - all the settings re log-in address and passwords etc have been checked and double checked - I have removed and reloaded the app several times as well as removing the iphone from my devices list several times - each and every time I try and connect with system via the C4 app it gives me a 'A 4Sight subscription is required to connect to your system remotely - Please contact your dealer (403.21)' - as stated I'm not knowingly trying to connect remotely ---- what am I missing ?? many thanks Grant PS I tried contacting C4 without success and also tried sending the logging from the App, but that didn't seem to want to cooperate either - presumably as it still thinks I need a C4 subscription ??   

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Hi - I'm new to C4 Forums - have an extensive C4 system - controlling my Audio/AV - CCTV - Lights (via LightwaveRF) and heating (Heatmiser) - have recently switched my mobile phone from samsung (android) to Apple IPhone6 (Ios 11.3) - am running C4 Op 2.91 - have loaded the Apple C4 app from the App store, but it will not connect with my system - keeps informing me that I require a 4Sight license - my old Android App worked perfectly on my home network /WiFi without the requirement for a 4Sight License. Have C4 designed an App which will now only work with a £100 annual license even when only requirement is for home network operability and no internet control required ??? Thank you for help / advice - Newbe Grant

Welcome on board and as has already been said, if the app is set up right and you are on the same network, it should work just fine with no need for 4Sight.

Mobile data is set to off - phone will only connect to internet via my home wifi - other apps (lightwaverf) which also connects via my wifi seem to work fine - have checked and rechecked the settings in app set up and it is still insisting on a 4Sight subscription - incredibly frustrating when the android version worked flawlessly

If you haven't done it already, delete the control4 system out of the app and add it back in again from the beginning. Its possible the IP address stored doesn't match anymore. Another thing to check is that you have a verified email address. If you go into my.control4, make sure your email is shown as verified.

I've seen both of those cause the issue you described.

many thanks for response - whether its the magic of the forum I know not, but having turned on and off again mobile data - which was definitely previously off !! and restarting the phone 'again' - suddenly the app will connect and seems to be working fine - I really don't know what has changed, but hey-ho it works so happy days - thanks for all the suggestions - much appreciated - anyone have any idea how i see to select not stream my stored (C4 /kodi controlled) film library on my iphone ?    

Just now, Grant said:

wife upgraded her iphone and I received the cast off !! - still wondering if was worth the effort of android to ios switch ?

It's not the effort per say, it's just IMHO so many tradeoffs of iPhone vs Android.  But I digress

Archived