C4 Forums | Control4

Speaker point issue

Hi guys,

I purchased a house recently where nearly every room have a pair of ceiling speakers. It was designed with multi-room audios and every pair of the speaker was connected with a Control4 speaker point. But now only the speakers and speaker points and Ethernet wires were left, and a PoE-powered control panel as well, but it looks like not working.

The model no. of speaker point is AVG-RAA1-B. I googled and found it could be used as a amplifier for the passive 8ohm speakers. But the speaker does not work at all when I power the speaker point and connect  the analog AUDIO IN plug with my iPhone. I am sure the speakers were correctly connected with the speak point.

Do I still need to purchase a controller or Amplifier to make the speakers work?

Is anyone here could give a help on this?

Thank you VERY MUCH.

Regards,

Eric

Thank you very much.

But the Speaker point Guide says it could be used as an amplifier, independently, right? I tried to push the reset button, and connected analog Audio IN with iPhone, it still did not work.

Anyway, if I do need a controller to control all the speaker points (seven actually), even to control just one pair of speakers, what controller you recommend? EA-3 or HC 800. I think EA-5 could be too much.

Thank you again.

Just now, LORDSON said:
On 5/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, lippavisual said:

You need a C4 controller to make it work.  To add, the speakerpoints are pretty much EOL as well, so a new controller won't gain you much with those.

Thank you very much.

But the Speaker point Guide says it could be used as an amplifier, independently, right? I tried to push the reset button, and connected analog Audio IN with iPhone, it still did not work.

Anyway, if I do need a controller to control all the speaker points (seven actually), even to control just one pair of speakers, what controller you recommend? EA-3 or HC 800. I think EA-5 could be too much.

Thank you again.

Your system needs a controller to start/stop any audio on the SP’s.

which controller to purchase will solely rely on how far you want to go with the system.  If you want new and would like to continue to grow the system, then an EA-3 at minimum.

if you just want to get what you have working, then you could probably find older controllers on EBay.  The problem you may run into is finding a dealer to setup an older system. 

Archived