C4 Forums | Control4

Remote lighting up with no movement

I've noticed recently with my SR250 remotes the display screen lights up while it is just sitting on the table.

Anyone experiences this?

How can I tell if the controller is causing this or if the remotes are faulty?

I say remote(s) - as I've noticed it happening on two different remotes.

I would say neither is faulty.

They can be VERY sensitive to movement, and yes, you walking by a table (and no not touching the table) can easily cause it to turn on. Heck I occasionally see one turn on when sitting on a table when my kids decide to crash onto the couch again (or maybe it's the loud scolding I give them when they do it 😁).

Note that they have a wake on motion sensitivity level (should be able to access it with HE) if you feel they go on to often,

48 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

Do you have motion sensing turned ON?

A good thump nearby can certainly wake it up. 

Yes, motion sense is on, but this is happening at times when there is no movement - ie: laying in bed with the remote on the side table.

or the remote laying on coffee table while we sit on the couch reading.

48 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

I would say neither is faulty.

They can be VERY sensitive to movement, and yes, you walking by a table (and no not touching the table) can easily cause it to turn on. Heck I occasionally see one turn on when sitting on a table when my kids decide to crash onto the couch again (or maybe it's the loud scolding I give them when they do it 😁).

Note that they have a wake on motion sensitivity level (should be able to access it with HE) if you feel they go on to often,

Thanks - I will look into this setting and see if I can adjust it.

58 minutes ago, CFUG said:

^That's a new one on me.  Is that a 2.10 feature because 2.9.1 only has WAKE ON MOTION Y or N...

My bad- was focused on Composer.  On SR-250-

LIST>SETTINGS>CONFIG>MOTION DETECT>LOW, MED or HI

Archived