C4 Forums | Control4

Video End-point binding gets disconnected randomly

Hi, I wish you guys can help me. 

We have a big site with so many issues and it's driving me crazy. 

Just when We are about to leave the  site and call it a day and then we test the system and when client uses the system and viola, no video output on the TV in some areas and the projector in the cinema do not have any video output. The AV receivers are on, system is all ON. 

When I check the binding on the composer, I was shocked to see that the video endpoint binding was disconnected. The binding from AVR output to the HDMi input of the TVs and projectors were disconnected in random zones. I had to bind them back to get the TVs and projectors work. This issue happens on a daily basis and only happens at night. 

I called Control4 support and he told that it must be a bug or corrupted driver in the system and I need to re-do the whole C4 programming from scratch. The next answer he gave us was it was a networking issue. 

System info:

(1)EA5

(5)EA1

(5)SR-260 remote

(1)C4 HDMI 8x8 matrix

(1)C4 Audio Amplifier

(1)C4 IO extender

(2)optoma projectors

(1)barco bader projector

(2)Samsung TVs

(2) Apple TVs

(2)IP TVS

(1)Dish TV

(3)PS4

(1)XBoX 

Drivers: Tisco KNX, Azan (muslim prayer time), 

? Network?

There could be a network issue, but if it does things like clearing connections, I would say that there's still a bug or corruption in the driver.

In general I agree with the assessment that this likely comes from either a corrupt project or driver.

However, tech support should be able to check for this - but you may have to talk to your rep to get this looked into. Alternatively, go to the dealer forums and post in the made for this techsupport section - the higher tier techsupport regularly check that section and will help you get things moving.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that we are using (5) Anthem MRX AV receivers. Our networking is composed of Ubiquiti USG, switches and Access points. 

I don't think that programming will take less than 2 hrs. 7-bedrooms, Cinema Room, Games Room, Living Room, Spa, Gym 2- family Living, Outdoor Garden. DMX lights, KNX

So to clairify, the only bindings that are “disappearing” are from the AVR’s to the TVs/Projectors?

Bindings from the HDMI matrix to TVs alone are ok?

i would start by removing all the AVR drivers and add them back 1 by 1. 

Or getting on the phone with level 2 tech or like Cy said, goto the dealer forum. 

Also make sure all firmware is up to date 

Archived