C4 Forums | Control4

Can someone please explain what is happening Tuesday May 22nd?

jfh

4 hours ago, dcovach said:

Ultimately, when the intercom app rolls out, the first thing it will do is calm some people down in this forum. Other than that, it'll be great.

Lol...but let's not bring up what else may be "required" for proper functionality.  Some might be less excited.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hardware said:

Lol...but let's not bring up what else may be "required" for proper functionality.  Some might be less excited.

I can only guess. Maybe a phone upgrade (for some), 4sight (no vpn), an EA series controller, 1 door station and at least 1 T3.  Just a guess.  Kinda makes sense to me.  Oops, I brought it up. Oh, and a solid network.

4 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

The EA controller - now that would upset me a bit. 

Wonder why my Dealer said I get 15% discount to upgrade plus his a sorry discount. 

So excited !!!

Phone upgrade ??? 

Now that is out of my hands

I'm only making assumptions. A minimum phone os may be required for the app

Seems typical of C4: send out emails with specific instructions for owners but their website isn't updated.

I got the email today to go and update/patch Composer HE 2.10.1 by going to downloads and grabbing the update from the Composer HE dropdown.  Except it's still then base 2.10.1 in the drop down and that's it.

Android has no update to the app as of now.

So typical of them to send emails that demand action but they disallow the action.

The patch can be downloaded from here: http://update.control4.com/patches/C4_Cert_Replacement_Patch/ComposerPatch1.zip if you can't find it on the site.

Basically, download it, extract it, run the exe as admin and your done. When the next C4 version comes out I assume everything will come preinstalled so you don't need to run the patch again. 

So i just got the email from c4 about the patch...

When i view my C4 downloads page in Chrome it only lists 2.10.1 however when i visit the same page with Firefox i have the 2.10.2 HE download option.

How is that for weird....

I did download the patch and run it as i am still only running 2.10.1 anyway and it worked but it still seams strange the browsers showed different download information.

Chrome.JPG

FireFox.JPG

17 minutes ago, Destroyer of Worlds said:

Seems typical of C4: send out emails with specific instructions for owners but their website isn't updated.

I got the email today to go and update/patch Composer HE 2.10.1 by going to downloads and grabbing the update from the Composer HE dropdown.  Except it's still then base 2.10.1 in the drop down and that's it.

Android has no update to the app as of now.

So typical of them to send emails that demand action but they disallow the action.

Android app update came out last week. You probably already updated 

53 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Anyone downloaded 2.10.2 yet ? 

My dealer has started the download remotely as he is on site tomorrow anyway to fix a few minor things for me... But I have no idea what it does... nor does he... but hopefully by the time he comes through tomorrow he will be able to tell me what I get with this download 😀

6 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

My dealer has started the download remotely as he is on site tomorrow anyway to fix a few minor things for me... But I have no idea what it does... nor does he... but hopefully by the time he comes through tomorrow he will be able to tell me what I get with this download 😀

Looking at the release notes, bug fixes (lots to do with intercom and announcements) and the ability to use the z2io as a zigbee repeater.

1 minute ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Just over 3 months to CEDIA... I believe the intercom app will be (was?) launched there... 

🤣

That would be a bit embarrassing ~ share price increased after the buzz at CEDIA 

in sales never launch the same thing twice, at the same event (next year) ~ death nail 

Now have shares, so could turn up for AGM and ask a few questions 

@RyanE

I just opened up HE 2.10.1 without running the patch on my computer.   Do I still need to run the patch?  What is it that the patch is doing?

If HE is working, should I just leave it alone?  I was expecting some sort of error.

Also cannot find HE 2.10.2 - only 2.10.1 shows on my account page.  If my dealer updates me to 2.10.2, can I safely use HE 2.10.1?  (I know the versions are supposed to match).

thanks

41 minutes ago, RR61522 said:

Looking at the release notes, bug fixes (lots to do with intercom and announcements) and the ability to use the z2io as a zigbee repeater.

Can we get the release notes from Control4 (maybe restricted to registered users on customer.control4.com)?  Dont see much harm in letting users view them.

1 minute ago, control4user007 said:

Can we get the release notes from Control4 (maybe restricted to registered users on customer.control4.com)?  Dont see much harm in letting users view them.

Don't you know that if you are not a dealer C4 believes you shouldn't have or couldn't possibly understand them? ;)

A reasonable suggestion, but I'd be surprised if it happens.  

22 minutes ago, control4user007 said:

I'm not sure what the rules are on that one, otherwise I would post them. Don't want to risk anything with our dealer status.

When you install a newer version of HE does it give you the relase notes? If so, maybe an end user can post them.

Nevermind... Just read the legal notice at the end of the file. I'm not going to post it.

33 minutes ago, RR61522 said:

I'm not sure what the rules are on that one, otherwise I would post them. Don't want to risk anything with our dealer status.

When you install a newer version of HE does it give you the relase notes? If so, maybe an end user can post them.

Nevermind... Just read the legal notice at the end of the file. I'm not going to post it.

Yes it is forbidden for end users to know:

What bugs are outstanding or what actually is considered a  bug

The status of a bug you have reported

And a changelog ....

Those are one of the two major reason I honestly dislike Control4 and if I wouldn't already own two system I would switch to another one. However there is nothing just remotely comparable offering improvements on that matter....

1 hour ago, jfh said:

@RyanE

I just opened up HE 2.10.1 without running the patch on my computer.   Do I still need to run the patch?  What is it that the patch is doing?

If HE is working, should I just leave it alone?  I was expecting some sort of error.

Also cannot find HE 2.10.2 - only 2.10.1 shows on my account page.  If my dealer updates me to 2.10.2, can I safely use HE 2.10.1?  (I know the versions are supposed to match).

thanks

You need the patch for remote connections 

Archived