C4 Forums | Control4

Can someone please explain what is happening Tuesday May 22nd?

jfh

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

You need the patch for remote connections 

Ok.  So not needed for HE users who connect locally.  I guess that explains why I can still get into my system.  

Thanks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started the 2.10.2 update but it's been going for about 2 hours and I have no response from my system.  I can't log in to anything to view the status of the update or access any part of the system.  Is this normal for this update?  I assume I shouldn't power cycle my EA5?

2 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

I've started the 2.10.2 update but it's been going for about 2 hours and I have no response from my system.  I can't log in to anything to view the status of the update or access any part of the system.  Is this normal for this update?  I assume I shouldn't power cycle my EA5?

Hope you came right.  Mine took the normal amount of time.  Probably 10 minutes without my EA5 and an hour to get everything updated and rebooted.

Rebooted it like 3 times and finally got it up and running with it updated.  It kept flashing the exclamation point and C4 sign on front so I thought it was screwed for a bit.

So now the question is what is contained in 2.10.2?  My system feels a bit more responsive with my remotes.  I've been having a lot of delay at times with my remotes becoming responsive at various times and that's with an EA5 and 2 EA3s running zigbee servers.

I'm not really sure why C4 would keep release notes such a secret. It's like Microsoft not telling you why you should upgrade to the next Windows.  If you're going to go through the hassle of upgrading and having your dealer take the time (and expense) to update, you should at least know why.

30 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

What browser are you using for the download page.  Chrome caches a lot, so force a refresh or clear cache, if using Chrome.

Tried Internet Explorer, whatever the new browser is in Windows 10 and Firefox.  Only one selection for 2.10.1 shows up in the dropdown list.  If anyone has a direct URL that would be great.

4 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

This is how I think it works, your customer account shows the version that matches your system. I don't know how long it takes to update, but it won't show 2.10.2 until it knows your system is on 2.10.2.

This first and foremost - you will not see any HE version higher than your registered system's version

3 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

So now the question is what is contained in 2.10.2?  My system feels a bit more responsive with my remotes.  I've been having a lot of delay at times with my remotes becoming responsive at various times and that's with an EA5 and 2 EA3s running zigbee servers.

One of the listed defects fixed had to do with remotes:

33756–The SR-260 is randomly showing an hourglass when browsing quickly (remote not responding).

Most of the fixes had to do with Audio / Annoucement / Intercom issues, although there are some Composer fixes, and a nice firmware / functionality update for Z2IO that officially makes them range extenders.

RyanE

9 minutes ago, RyanE said:

One of the listed defects fixed had to do with remotes:

33756–The SR-260 is randomly showing an hourglass when browsing quickly (remote not responding).

Most of the fixes had to do with Audio / Annoucement / Intercom issues, although there are some Composer fixes, and a nice firmware / functionality update for Z2IO that officially makes them range extenders.

RyanE

I have 1 of the 260 remotes and the rest are the (old) 250 remotes but I had noticed that I would get the hourglass hangup with the 260 and it would be momentarily unresponsive so that is nice to hear that should be remedied!

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

This first and foremost - you will not see any HE version higher than your registered system's version

Thanks.  I did not want to consider getting the update done until I knew the corresponding HE version was available, but I guess that's not an issue.

15 minutes ago, jfh said:

Thanks.  I did not want to consider getting the update done until I knew the corresponding HE version was available, but I guess that's not an issue.

They always come out together. 

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

They always come out together. 

Understand.  But also pretty sure I could see the newer version of HE before dealer actually upgraded my system.

When I run the patch on my HE 2.10.1 it just flashes a quick command line window, but can't read anything.  Then it simply closes.

Does this sound right?  How do I know if the patch took?

Finally, I'm fairly new to C4.  Do I need my dealer to update my system to 2.10.2?  How often do updates come out?  Is this update worth the time and expense, or should I just wait for more updates and get the accumulation of updates at one time in the future?

Thanks,

Dino

12 minutes ago, dinom said:

When I run the patch on my HE 2.10.1 it just flashes a quick command line window, but can't read anything.  Then it simply closes.

Does this sound right?  How do I know if the patch took?

Finally, I'm fairly new to C4.  Do I need my dealer to update my system to 2.10.2?  How often do updates come out?  Is this update worth the time and expense, or should I just wait for more updates and get the accumulation of updates at one time in the future?

Thanks,

Dino

I cant answer the first question, but if I understand what the patch does it's not required for an HE user connecting on the local network.

This is a minor point release (the point 2) primarily bug fixes with announcements and intercom support.  Unfortunately, it's hard to make an assessment as to if you are having any of the related problems since we don't have access to the release notes so you need to ask your dealer.    There are two thoughts - if it ain't broke, don't fix it or always keep up to date.  Depends on your philosophy.

A major release (the 10 part) tends to add some significant new function in addition to bug fixes.  This can sometime make the decision harder.  In my view, 2.10.0 introduced way too many bugs and I'm sorry I had my system updated quickly.  But I really wanted a new feature.  It''s not a simple process to downgrade a Control4 release, so once your system is upgraded you pretty much have to take what you get.

The time and expense question really depends on your dealer.  Most updates seem to take an hour or so.  But then there is also the risk that something goes wrong and it will take more time to fix.

1 hour ago, jfh said:

I cant answer the first question, but if I understand what the patch does it's not required for an HE user connecting on the local network.

This is a minor point release (the point 2) primarily bug fixes with announcements and intercom support.  Unfortunately, it's hard to make an assessment as to if you are having any of the related problems since we don't have access to the release notes so you need to ask your dealer.    There are two thoughts - if it ain't broke, don't fix it or always keep up to date.  Depends on your philosophy.

A major release (the 10 part) tends to add some significant new function in addition to bug fixes.  This can sometime make the decision harder.  In my view, 2.10.0 introduced way too many bugs and I'm sorry I had my system updated quickly.  But I really wanted a new feature.  It''s not a simple process to downgrade a Control4 release, so once your system is upgraded you pretty much have to take what you get.

The time and expense question really depends on your dealer.  Most updates seem to take an hour or so.  But then there is also the risk that something goes wrong and it will take more time to fix.

Yes. That is all it takes. Just make sure you are running it as admin 

19 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Was updated today too - lots of bugs fixes for intercom and DS2 /T3 ~was sent over the PDF of the bug fixes.

to be honest DS2 and T3 ~ are playing better with each other and anocements have come back online 

What is DS2/T3?  I am out of the loop on that.. haha

Its in Beta !!!! 

Some of bug fixes below 

General Backend Fixes
• 37139—Log snapshot can inadvertently collect wireless credentials on HC250
• 37053—The T3 driver files are corrupt
• 34431—Broker errors: "GetProject error: Error: Emptying queue" after having recently loaded a project / or changing locale
Intercom Fixes
• 38185—Composer is crashing when selecting Intercom, Regular Call, Group Call, End Call in programming.
• 37202—When the director IP changes, intercom does not function correctly for 5-20 minutes
• 37132—DS2 calls to T3 are failing after updating to OS 2.10.1
• 36645—The Freeswitch Gateway changed button looks grayed out until you mouse-over it.
• 36943—All Intercom Devices are reporting as 'busy'
• 37087—Frequent audio & video issues during intercom calls between T3 to T3 and DS2 to T3.
• 37275—EA3 is getting a WARN: Combridge daemon warning; bridge is not running
• 37815—Intercom: Combridge disabled after an update
• 37845—Intercom: Calling a group of T3s from a T3 has no audio
• 38178—Intercom: Unable to connect and all communication devices are showing as 'NOT READY'
• 38258—Removing communication agent causes director to crash
• 37748—Touchscreen and DS2 not picking up on monitor mode
• 38371—Intercom: The communication agent isn't changing the SIP server name on a controller change
• 38323—Had to refresh gateway after update
• 38528—Intercom calls just stop functioning

Archived