C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbird Issues

Drake0508

Hey guys,

i am still having some issues with my Doorbird. I purchased the first one about a month and a half ago. It is the D101 model. It worked well for about a month and then suddenly started disconnecting from my network. I have it hard wired with POE. If I powered the unit off, it would come back online for about thirty minutes but then disconnect again.  I sent the unit back and I received a replacement. I installed it about a week ago. All went well until last night when it disconnected as well. I’m pulling my hair out. The only other thing I can think of would be my network but I’m not having this issue with any others devices that are connected (5 Hikvision cameras). Any suggestions on any of the potential issues? Are there setting in my router that maybe you would say might be worth a look? I suppose it’s possible that the unit is defective and was produced when the other one was. To clarify, I do have the doorbird intefrated with C4 but the issue is also throighbthe Doorbird app so I know it’s the hardware. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

What is your network equipment?

When it stops responding what do the lights look like on the switch port?

How are you providing it with a static IP, is it possible there is a conflict?

Currently using a Netgear router and Netgear POE switch. The power light on the switch for the Doorbird is lit but the network light isn’t. 

I’m not sure that I’m actually providing a static IP  just a reservation  I haven’t seen anywhere that I can set the device with a static IP like I can with my Hikvision cameras. I took a look after I read your questions and there doesn’t appear to be a conflict but I can look a little harder into it when I get home  

You might want to look for firmware updates for your network gear.

Sorry yes you would need a reservation.  The issue is some people assign statics for other devices inside the DHCP which shouldn't be done.  I would move your reservation incase there is a possible conflict.

You might want to try an external POE adapter incase there is a power issue from your POE switch.

1 hour ago, THEORY said:

You might want to look for firmware updates for your network gear.

Sorry yes you would need a reservation.  The issue is some people assign statics for other devices inside the DHCP which shouldn't be done.  I would move your reservation incase there is a possible conflict.

You might want to try an external POE adapter incase there is a power issue from your POE switch.

Didn’t think about the switch. I’ll give it a try. 

Archived