C4 Forums | Control4

TuneIn - My Favorites doesn't work

I am having trouble playing “My Favorites” radio channels in TuneIn.

On a remote (SR250) if I navigate: Listen > Stations > Stations > and select a station, say Classic Rock 109 > IT WORKS FINE

If I navigate: Listen > TuneIn > My Favorites > GENERAL > (and select the same station) Classic Rock 109 - , or any station among My Favorites for that matter, the display will blink, and displays: Now Playing 1/3 | TuneIn. And nothing happens. To be exact, for about half a second, every time the same Aerosmith title shows up, like it was playing now, but it disappears from the display, and nothing else happens. 

My TuneIn driver is TuneIn.cz4, version 116, modified date 11/15/2017 4:45 PM.

HC 800 OS 2.10.1

Any idea what is wrong with My Favorites?

The first screenshot shows my favorites, located in a folder in TuneIn. interestingly, it shows the actually played song's info. However, after the channel is selected, see the second screenshot, it used to show the album cover and the title of the songs, and of course used to  PLAYING it. Now it only reads: TuneIn, and nothing happens, no music, no information. Not really TunedIn 🙁

Screenshot_20180525-115413.thumb.png.9ad1cc815f01a5a892eeb230c53969e8.png

Screenshot_20180525-115713.png

1 hour ago, OMF said:

Thanks a lot for all of your comments, especially @mstafford388, sounds like I should stop wasting my time with uninstalling/reinstalling TuneIn and rebooting my controller for the Nth time; until a fix is published by Control4.

Do you mean it is related to Control4 Security Certificate Update May 22, 2018?

Thanks again!

Just heard it's actually a certificate change on the tunein side, just a coincidence that they made a change the same week C4 did.  There will likely be a patch written to fix the issue.  So yes, don't worry about trying all kinds of stuff to fix it  :)

Archived