maskas

Cost Effective Motion Sensors

9 hours ago, yelkenli said:

I am also looking for a good motion sensor, and one that has a sensitivity selection to allow for pets. 

Here is what I have found so far on pricing.  Not much on sensitivity though. Only the cardAccess product mentions this. Not all of these are wireless, which I can go either way - wireless easier. 

Does anyone have any experience with the sensitivity part?

Nyce Ncz-3043-ha ZigBee Ceiling Motion Sensor
$61 - HA version
C4 version unknown - does anyone have cost on this?  does this have to come through a dealer? 
sensitivity selection unknown

Just want to say I've had this sensor in my bathroom for quite a few years now and it has been super solid and responsive.  I need to buy more of them.  You will have to purchase through a dealer, or you risk getting HA version.

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Need to buy from a Dealer - But you would be looking around $100 each 

Price is very low. Its way more then 100 USD 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Also have a look at Phillip Hue sensors - but you do need a bridge 

I am testing the Philips Hue Motion now. They seem to be stable and also offer temperature for the area. I have Nyce also which works well also.

On 5/27/2018 at 1:32 PM, dcovach said:

The lag may not be noticeable enough to be an annoyance but every time you introduce a hop (bridge, vera controller) that also introduces a link for failure. Having said that, the vera has been solid for me. 

I definitely recommend integrating a security system (especially dsc) if you already have motion sensors.  Those can be used for programming in control4.

I have my DSC system integrated into C4 and I use it to turn on a light for a hallway.  It works quite well with about a 0.5 second lag.

Sorry to tap into this thread but I’m also looking for cost effective PIR sensors but wired, I’m based in the U.K. and doing a house refurb so hard wired is an option. Does anyone have any recommendations for small in ceiling PIR motion sensors ?

Thanks

I was not planning on installing an alarm system but looking for various cost effective sensors that could be used in programming logic. So low price wired sensors that work with the I/O on controller/extender

On 5/29/2018 at 1:21 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

We also have about 6 of these guys around the house 

http://axxind.com/automation/motion-sensor/

You have sensitivity on these and it works well - We have one outside 

We’ve had big issues with C4 zigbee motions outdoors. They drop off periodically and sometimes persistently. Magically they now offer sensors with antenna. Suspect they added this option due to connection issues. If you get C4 make sure you get the ones WITH antenna. 

4 hours ago, Mjhill1234 said:

Sorry to tap into this thread but I’m also looking for cost effective PIR sensors but wired, I’m based in the U.K. and doing a house refurb so hard wired is an option. Does anyone have any recommendations for small in ceiling PIR motion sensors ?

If you install the Texecom Elite Panel (Alarm) you can use the PIR / Contact from the Alarm as a sensor - These are a lot cheaper than C4 Sensor 

Everyone is overthinking this.

If you can wire to an IOX/controller, use a cheap, wired PIR motion sensor. About $20 each.

Get them at google, amazon, any alarm store, etc.