C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbell button programming

I have this simple program which does the following:

• When the Doorbird's doorbell button is pressed
  • Execute announcement to ceiling speakers for 6 zones
  • Take a snapshot of kitchen and living room
  • Send C4 command to kitchen and living room
  • Using the Navigation agent to route one of the NVR cameras to kitchen and living room TVs
  • Wait 35 sec
  • Recall the snapshot

It works fine but if the visitor presses the doorbell button twice within the 35 sec timer and the TV is off, it does not turn it off again, so the TV will stay on the navigation screen.

Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 10.57.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 10.57.59 PM.png

I would take the snapshots before executing any announcements. Add an IF statement before each snapshot. Eg, if doorbell timer is not running, take snapshot. Your current programming now takes a snapshot again when the doorbell is pressed a second time.  Your tv could be on. That second snapshot is recalling the tv being on the navigator screen. Its ok if the announcement repeats everytime the doorbell is pressed.  If you don't want it to repeat during the timer, use an if statement like I mentioned above.

also change your delay to a timer. 35 seconds is a long long delay for this application. and if you are using a timer you can simply just reset the timer on a second doorbell press. also answer your door faster haha!

1 hour ago, Matt Lowe said:

also change your delay to a timer. 35 seconds is a long long delay for this application. and if you are using a timer you can simply just reset the timer on a second doorbell press. also answer your door faster haha!

You are right, answering fast will solve it!

If I don't use the 35sec timer, the program will view the camera for on the TV for few seconds even though the jump command is set to view the camera for 35 seconds.

Just now, Zuhair said:

You are right, answering fast will solve it!

If I don't use the 35sec timer, the program will view the camera for on the TV for few seconds even though the jump command is set to view the camera for 35 seconds.

you would execute the programming for the tv at the expiration of the timer.

12 minutes ago, dcovach said:

I suppose it depends what the announcement is. I play a doorbell chime in other audio zones in case I can't hear the actual doorbell or catch the first announcement

yea but this can be done in one. and hes playing the same announcement twice.

37 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

why execute the announcement twice?

get rid of the delays

The reason for running the announcement twice I'm having a chronic issue with announcement which my dealer is looking at.

See this thread: 

Archived