C4 Forums | Control4

New Zektor matrix switch management software

zzattack

Apologies for the intrusion. Let me say first of all that I am unfortunately not familiar with Control4 as a company or software. I created some software and figured if there's anybody who'd benefit from knowing of its existence, they likely gathered here.

I had a need for a simple component matrix switcher and ended up finding a used Zektor Prowler 8x8 matrix for less money than what a new simple 4:2 would've set me back.

Upon receiving the unit I was amazed by the level of control and customization offered by the device. If as they say, real men don't read instructions, then surely an exception for such a device is warranted. I could foresee myself tirelessly refering to the manual whenever I'd want to change some of the config, and since the device features full control over a serial protocol I set out to put together a 'quick' application that would let me do most of the important configuration stuff from the user interface of a good old computer program.

Three days later the simple application escalated to a full implementation of everything I could think of, and then some:

• Per-zone separate audio/video input selection, delay switching and muting
  • Full per-zone audio control including volume attenuator, bass/treble adjustment, 5-band equalizer, stereo mix down mode selection and digital audio routing options
  • Allow assigning custom names to zones and inputs
  • Lip sync control, both per zone or per input
  • Allows global control of power, master volume
  • Support communication both over TCP/IP and serial/COM port
  • IP address management and other advanced config controls
  • Front panel LED brightness management for 3 different modes
  • Support for both 'classic' (analog/digital audio separated) and 'auto conversion' modes
  • Support for both checksum and checksum-less commands
  • Full use of optimal channel bitmaps wherever possible
  • Fancy command logger with syntax highlighting and hover-tooltips

Quick overview of the main screens:

zektor_quick.gif

Source code is freely available at https://github.com/zzattack/zektor.

Download at https://github.com/zzattack/zektor/releases/tag/release-v1.0

Comments and improvement suggestions are of course welcomed.

There are control4 drivers for this unit. In other words there is an integration with the unit and the control4 system so that control4 can interact with the unit.

Looks like you really did a great job putting a UI on the exposed API.

I believe (someone can correct me) that Control4 and Zektor used to have a relationship. Control4 bought Leaf so I'm guessing the Zektor relationship is different now.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Impressed with your integration of the matrix switch!  As I am an end user, new to Zektor, can I simply download your v1.0 and access a matrix switch with an IP address, or do I need to run source code first, or?  Sorry for the newbie questions as I am not an integrator.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.