C4 Forums | Control4

Audio - add session, select current device..??

I've noticed in programming a room audio that there is a big difference in the ADD A ROOM TO SESSION vs. SET CURRENT AUDIO TO DEVICE OF (OTHER ROOM).

It seems that you have to make a 2 step programming function to allow for adding audio to a room depending on what the source is.

I've found that if I'm selecting a device (in my case I sometimes used an Amazon Dot as my audio source streaming Bluetooth from from phone into an EA3 or use my Sirius tabletop radio into my HC800), I can select the CURRENT DEVICE OF SAID ROOM to add a zone.  However, this does not add a zone if you are using DIGITAL MEDIA including stored mp3s/FLAC or a source such as the Sirius app or IHeart radio apps.

I've found that I have to enter 2 programming lines to make sure audio is added.

Can someone confirm this is what they've seen as well?

It's a control4 driver, it's been around since 2.9 but just got a redone in 2.10.  just go to the search tab in composer and search room control.  When you add it to you then select what room(s) you want it to control then you can bind commands (ie volume) to keypad buttons for that room instead of doing it in programming.  then there are a handful of other functions such as the sync rooms that we are talking about.  It's a really great driver that makes the dealer life easier. 

12 hours ago, mstafford388 said:

It's a control4 driver, it's been around since 2.9 but just got a redone in 2.10.  just go to the search tab in composer and search room control.  When you add it to you then select what room(s) you want it to control then you can bind commands (ie volume) to keypad buttons for that room instead of doing it in programming.  then there are a handful of other functions such as the sync rooms that we are talking about.  It's a really great driver that makes the dealer life easier. 

I'm still not grasping where you are finding this in Composer programming anywhere.  The SEARCH tab under programming doesn't jump to anything.  Does this driver have to be installed by my dealer or can I add it somehow?  Can you send a snapshot of this?

Control4 should just have 1 command such as ADD ROOM to ROOM X session and it duplicates the audio source rather than force you to specify the exact source in programming.

15 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

I'm still not grasping where you are finding this in Composer programming anywhere.  The SEARCH tab under programming doesn't jump to anything.  Does this driver have to be installed by my dealer or can I add it somehow?  Can you send a snapshot of this?

Control4 should just have 1 command such as ADD ROOM to ROOM X session and it duplicates the audio source rather than force you to specify the exact source in programming.

The driver being referred to is free but needs to be added by your dealer. 

On 6/26/2018 at 9:00 PM, drmark12pa said:

The driver will have to be added by your dealer and yes it does allow you to program with a single command to add a room or rooms to a current session. 

On 6/26/2018 at 7:00 PM, drmark12pa said:

Well, you DON'T have to specify the exact source, there's just two 'parts' to it - digital streaming media and 'hard' devices which is what you're encountering.

Assuming you have...issues...getting a dealer to add a driver the old method is simply:

WHEN (trigger - button press etc)
IF Room a is in a digital audio session {find 'digital audio' in your system, generall in a room with the main controller}
	Join room b to room a session {same spot as the conditional above}
	Stop
Set room b current_selected_device to the value of room a current_selected_device

The driver is eaier to program...but it's not as if this hasn't been possible since....forever

• 2 weeks later...

I had ROOM JOIN installed by my dealer.  However, I still don't see where I can simply add a room to another room.  The only commands I see are a radio button for Device Specific Command and then under that you can select an EVENT.  Underneath that I see Dispatch event in: (joined rooms only).....

I thought this was supposed to be a simple driver to use for programming?

Capture.JPG

Archived