C4 Forums | Control4

Single gang switch for both lights and fan

CRButler01

I currently have a single gang switch that controls both my light (top of switch) and fan (bottom of switch). It’s a Lutron. I’m slowly changing out all of my switches with new ones that will integrate with Control4. So far, I’ve used Control4’s switches. Anyone know if they make a single gang switch that will control both the light and the fan? Otherwise, I’m guessing I’ll just need to see if Lutron makes the switch in a smart format. Thanks. 

Unfortuneately not. I had the exact lutron one you talk about https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.maestro-lightfan-control-in-white.1000475413.html

What I ended up doing was putting in a 2g. I used a Keypad Dimmer and Fan Speed Controller. It sucked that I couldn't do this in a retrofit fashion and have it in a 1g. Once in place you will likely appreciate that you used in the C4 gear. Only other combo dimmer/fan controller that might work with Control4 would be Caseta (other than higher end options from Lutron which wouldn't make sense)

But I dont know if I would recommend putting in a Caseta system and hub and integrating that with Control4 just for 1 combo dimmer/fan switch. Probably best just retrofitting a 2g box and using C4 gear.

I had the same issue and ended up just using a C4 switch.  Pull the chain when we want to turn the fan light on or off.  Running a new wire to the fan was not an option.  

• 1 month later...

Archived