C4 Forums | Control4

Kohler DTV Plus

coredyn

I thought I would share my recent addition to my system. I have a Kohler DTV+ shower that has a network interface as well as a web portal for minor changes and has some control over the device. 

I decided to peek around and inspect some of the web elements to discover a repeatable URL that I can use to trigger shower start and stop. You can discover these by simply using 'Inspect' in chrome for example and log the devices activty as you activate/deactivate the shower for example. 

Below are the two commands I am currently using in my system, you can modify the valve outputs and temperature. Mine right now is set only to turn on valve 1 at 38C.  Right now I use these links as an image in announcements (to trigger the weblink as an image on my T3), I then have it linked to custom buttons on my bathroom screen as well as IFTTT/google assistant (OK Google, turn on the shower) :) . I do not have the Chowmain driver to push weblinks but I think I will update to use that to trigger the URL in the future. 

ON: http://IPADDRESS/quick_shower.cgi?valve_num=1&valve1_outlet=1&valve1_massage=0&valve1_temp=38&valve2_outlet=0&valve2_massage=0&valve2_temp=38&_=1529517501631 
OFF: http://IPADDRESS/stop_shower.cgi?_=1529517501635 

It is not flawless, and I would caution when trying to discover the correct links if you enter one incorrectly the Kohler web portal will become non-responsive and you need to power cycle it (this took many power cycles for me to figure out correctly). 

Nonetheless, I can now tell my shower to turn on an off which I was quite excited about.   

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I bought the drivercentral "generic TCP" driver ($30) and set up 3 dummy relay switches in the bathroom for 3 different users and was able to send the URL (via "programming").  It works reliably and is much quicker to respond than the DTV+ touchscreens (which I'm not impressed with).

This requires composer/dealer access, but only took 30 min to get working.

The URLs I used were of the form:

http://192.168.xx.xx/start_user.cgi?user=1

http://192.168.xx.xx/stop_user.cgi

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 10:33 AM, PenguinOpus said:

I bought the drivercentral "generic TCP" driver ($30) and set up 3 dummy relay switches in the bathroom for 3 different users and was able to send the URL (via "programming").  It works reliably and is much quicker to respond than the DTV+ touchscreens (which I'm not impressed with).

This requires composer/dealer access, but only took 30 min to get working.

The URLs I used were of the form:

http://192.168.xx.xx/start_user.cgi?user=1

http://192.168.xx.xx/stop_user.cgi

This was very helpful. Thanks! Any chance you know a URL I could hit that would cause the DTV+ touchscreen to wakeup and go into "shower" mode? (My goal is to use a Control4 keypad button to turn on the shower -- which works well based on your tip -- but then turn it off using the touchscreen.

There didn't used to be an API (though some hacked into it via it's web configuration screen).   But if you blow the extra $600 or whatever for their WIFI interface (which allows Alexa to connect to it), it should be doable.    I'm still kind of pissed at Kohler for advertising the thing as network accessible out of the box,  but then deciding that the port was crippled (as is most of the rest of the system, Kohler steadfastly refuses to address bugs in the system).   I'm not throwing more good money after bad on that.

• 4 months later...
On 8/11/2020 at 11:52 AM, flyingron said:

There didn't used to be an API (though some hacked into it via it's web configuration screen).   But if you blow the extra $600 or whatever for their WIFI interface (which allows Alexa to connect to it), it should be doable.    I'm still kind of pissed at Kohler for advertising the thing as network accessible out of the box,  but then deciding that the port was crippled (as is most of the rest of the system, Kohler steadfastly refuses to address bugs in the system).   I'm not throwing more good money after bad on that.

Moen U frequently stops working for me. On my 3rd controller 1st 2 the wifi wouldn't work right out of the box. Finally got that working but this one every few weeks you click to turn it on goes from showing 4 channels to 2, says temp of 100 and no water is coming out nothing works but taking panel off and pulling power and replugging. Thank god I had builder put access panel in my closet for it. 

• 1 year later...

My shower recently updated to a new version and now the start_user URL no longer works (even from the web interface).  The quick_shower? settings still seem to, but now I have to manually set up each of the  users in a Control4-stored URL instead of letting UI config/reconfig changes for a particular user.

Sigh.  Anyone seen this and figured out another URL for start_user?

9 hours ago, PenguinOpus said:

My shower recently updated to a new version and now the start_user URL no longer works (even from the web interface).  The quick_shower? settings still seem to, but now I have to manually set up each of the  users in a Control4-stored URL instead of letting UI config/reconfig changes for a particular user.

Sigh.  Anyone seen this and figured out another URL for start_user?

Things will pop up for sure after the update, u’ll need to wait and try to find someone discovered the new URL’s on Gethub

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.