C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 & Sky Q Compatibility

Is Control4 compatible with Sky Q?

I may have jumped the gun when ordering my Sky Q. I think it may not be compatible as Sky Q says devices must be HDCP 2.2 compatible.

Current Setup:

My setup was installed by a professional installer so I'm not that familiar with it. I have Sky HD which appear to be connected to a BlueStream (4-way 4k HDBaseT splitter) via HDMI which I'm assuming then connects to my Control4 Controller HC 800 box. This then distributes the video round the house via Ethernet.

As Sky Q 'requires' HDCP 2.2 will Sky Q still pump Ultra HD to the TVs on my setup? Anyone else have a similar setup with Sky Q?

Thanks!

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the advice and the link. I'm a bit of a novice at this as you can probably tell - is the driver simply to allow remote control of Sky Q or is it required for the video feed too?

Installing drivers etc is daunting. I dont really want to pay the original installers to do it as they charge an absolute fortune... I dont suppose you have a link to an install guide do you?

Many thanks

Ian

On 7/7/2018 at 6:53 PM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Sky Q will not be touched by Control4 for Video - its only your Bluestream you need to worry about

You will need a Driver for Sky Q which can be bought from https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/skyhd-skyq-uk-control4-driver-chowmain/

Unless you are already using this Driver with HD Box 

As Gary mentions our driver will control your SkyQ box.  You will need to connect your SkyQ box upto the Blustream box and Control4 will tell Blustream where to send the signal.  Your profressional installer will do all of this so no need to worry.  Here is an example of what the user interface will look like once its installed.

SkyGuide.gif

On 7/7/2018 at 10:07 AM, CarlitosWayUK said:

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the advice and the link. I'm a bit of a novice at this as you can probably tell - is the driver simply to allow remote control of Sky Q or is it required for the video feed too?

Installing drivers etc is daunting. I dont really want to pay the original installers to do it as they charge an absolute fortune... I dont suppose you have a link to an install guide do you?

Many thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

You won't be able to install the driver yourself, but if you don't want to get the original installer involved, there are dealers on this forum who would be able to help you remotely. Your original dealer should also be able to do this remotely if you ask them.

On 7/8/2018 at 10:43 PM, alanchow said:

As Gary mentions our driver will control your SkyQ box.  You will need to connect your SkyQ box upto the Blustream box and Control4 will tell Blustream where to send the signal.  Your profressional installer will do all of this so no need to worry.  Here is an example of what the user interface will look like once its installed.

SkyGuide.gif

Im not seeing any of that at all. 

I also see I have the driver installed in two rooms, but not a third, can it be copied over in Composer HE?

I guess Im basically wondering , can I do anything to help while I'm waiting  for my dealer? 

4 hours ago, AidenL said:

Im not seeing any of that at all. 

I also see I have the driver installed in two rooms, but not a third, can it be copied over in Composer HE?

I guess Im basically wondering , can I do anything to help while I'm waiting  for my dealer? 

Only dealers can install drivers.  If you are in a hurry i can recommend a remote dealer who can assist.

You need to check which version you are on - Check you Sky Q driver 

Driver version is 20180626 (At the moment) -Turn on Auto Updates -

Do the above to all drivers in your project  

If you then go to your Cloud Driver - Go to driver Actions - Select Number 2 Turn on Auto Updates.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:00 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

You need to check which version you are on - Check you Sky Q driver 

Driver version is 20180626 (At the moment) -Turn on Auto Updates -

Do the above to all drivers in your project  

If you then go to your Cloud Driver - Go to driver Actions - Select Number 2 Turn on Auto Updates.

I seem to be on 20180628? 

I selected Turn on Auto Updates in Driver and the Cloud, but in the Cloud, the cell remains blank after I did? 

• 1 month later...

I originally purchased the SkyQ driver from a Control4 dealer who has since gone out of business, and they purchased the driver from houselogix the last time my SkyQ driver was updated it was updated to version 8.0.5 which seems to have stopped working, I have a valid license for the chowmain driver, all I would like is a copy of the updated c4z file so that I can update my project with the latest version of the driver and get it working again.

I should mention that since I bought the Control4 system I have become a Control4 Developer, I have attached a screen shot of my SDK License Agreement as proof.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me out in getting the SkyQ driver working again.

If someone could email me the driver to my company email address that would be amazing.

image.png.4709b85f5d58fa635db4a2e4d061559e.png

You'll have to get a dealer setup with drivercentral.io - I assume it likely means you need a Control4 dealership, but that's something to take up with them. From there the license can be transferred easily, driver replaced and updated as required. It's not a matter of just sending a copy of the driver.

@SimonSparksUK   Try to get your previous dealer to log in to their houselogix account and "unregister" any drivers that were assigned to you.  That will release it so that it can be updated to the latest drivercentral.io version.  An account with drivercentral will still be needed to register it back to you.

1 hour ago, dcovach said:

@SimonSparksUK   Try to get your previous dealer to log in to their houselogix account and "unregister" any drivers that were assigned to you.  That will release it so that it can be updated to the latest drivercentral.io version.  An account with drivercentral will still be needed to register it back to you.

This is not needed.  We migrated all extra vegetables and houselogix drivers along with Mac addresses to driverCentral.

it will automatically be associated to the project token generated from driverCentral upon check in.

@alanchow given that the licenses and controller mac addresses have been transferred over, please can you share a copy of the driver file with me. My old dealer has gone out of business and I am in the process of getting a new dealer and getting them access to my licenses which I'm sure you understand is not going to be simple or quick....

1 minute ago, SimonSparksUK said:

@alanchow given that the licenses and controller mac addresses have been transferred over, please can you share a copy of the driver file with me. My old dealer has gone out of business and I am in the process of getting a new dealer and getting them access to my licenses which I'm sure you understand is not going to be simple or quick....

That’s not how it works.  Sending you the driver will not simply work when installed.  It needs to be associated with a project which is associated with a dealer.

Given you have a relationship with Control4 you may be able to speak to your contact at Control4 to get them to assist you.  A large number of them also have driverCentral accounts.

Archived