C4 Forums | Control4

HD Fury Doctor HDMI

C4tune

I’ve been using a cheap 4x4 matrix from ViewHD for nearly 3 years. I recently placed a denon in between the matrix and one of matrix’s zone outs. But now I’ve lost picture. Audio gets pushed to the receiver, but video does not make it out. I have several questions. Also The display cannot even get the receivers on screen display.

1) does audio reaching the avr mean that the video problem is further along the chain?

2) the zone is 25 ft hdmi run that has functioned previously from 5 years. Could the extra footage caused by running it through the denon be draining my 5v HDMI signal?

3) has anyone had success running an avr in between a matrix and a display? 

4) do you think the HDMI doctor will sort the problem?

5) where would you place the HDMI doctor? At the receivers HDMI out? 

HDCP and EDID are haunting my dreams! 

It pains me to say no. It doesn’t work, but I believe it’s a 5v issue that has only recently began to be a problem. When I swap to a 23 inch I had laying around it works. So cable is good. it Just must be a new sync problem with the denon in line. 

It’s an lg tv, and I’ve read that is also may be a faulty HDMI port on the display. Or that some have different resolutions and what not on them. 

If the denon has audio, is it safe to say it has video? 

I got the theater zone working thanks to a new hdmi cable. 

But now I have a new problem...

the recently working zone has a video path  to the media renderer popbox but I am not able to see my movies on that rooms navigator. I can start a film in another room and continue in the new zone. 

Just unable to see my movie list on one navigator even though they are all available from the matrix. 

They do however get audio two different ways. The new zone is fed with hdmi while the rest go through a 8 zone matrix amp.

any suggestions are appreciated 

Archived