C4 Forums | Control4

Automate Pulse Driver

We're trying to configure Control4 support for  7 shades. The shades are all functioning using the iPhone app. However, when we try to retrieve shades, under system design in Control4, only 2 shades appear. Does anyone have an explanation or workaround? Any experience with this would be helpful.

Ok just went to their website and read the documentation.

Under the Automate Hub driver, are you seeing all 7 shades listed under "detected shades"?

If so, then refresh navigators.

If not, then I would go through the documentation and directions carefully and perform all steps as they are listed to get the shades enrolled to the hub and then C4.

Well, if the hub isn't seeing all shades, then C4 won't either.  The driver only reports what the hub gives.

Do you have full control of all 7 shades through the Rollease app?  That will point you in a good direction.

Have you tried contacting Annex4 for driver support?

The App is not a good indicator of control through serial by the Hub. They're completely separate yet we keep seeing the comparison.  The issue occurs when the shades have not been ID'd for serial communication properly.  Shoot us an email and we can see what's up. You'll likely just need to pair the shades that aren't showing up.

Properly ID'd shades will return the following: !###D001vD## (Where 001 is the shade ID, you'll get 002, 003, etc.).
Problematic shades will return the following: !###D...vD##; If you see this in the debug log we can't communicate to the shade as it has no ID.

Edit: Got in contact. The hub is only returning the 2 shades mentioned, the other 5 are completely missing.

• 10 months later...

how did you solved this issue ??
I have a hub with 2 shades, only one is working.

I installed on the project 1 pulse bridge driver and it found their hub, and we added 2 pulse shade drivers (one for each shade)
only one works

I had this problem.  Root cause was that the hub had identified two motors with the same ID number which is ok for the iPhone ap but not the Rollease driver.  (If the driver sees an iD that duplicates one it already knows, it’s ignored)

Solution was to delete the offending shade from the ap/hub, adding it back in and then rescanning with the driver.  The iOS ap has been updated since then to show the motor id info so you don’t have to dig around getting the details through the driver or hooking up the hub to a PC.

(my case wasn’t as bad as yours - I had 11 motors but the driver originally found 7.  I did figure out why the 4 originally had a bad config, but don’t remember the details off the top of my head)

4 minutes ago, Jimeu said:

on the app, we can't find the ID, do you remember how to get the ID ?

In the Automate ap select a shade and then hit edit.  The serial address field will show the hub and motor (DEVICE) IDs for the shade.

if the shades are battery powered make sure they are communicating with the hub before you do the driver rescan.  You can confirm by selecting a shade.  If a battery indicator pops up on the top left of the shade, 2 way communication is working.  If not, you probably have to wake up the shade with the P1 button.  I think it’s just one jog but check the motor manual.

The app has the capability of showing the Hub serial address and the device serial address. First go to your hub in the app. Touch the 3 bars on the upper left. That will bring across a black screen with "Location". Touch your location and then touch the Hub. This will show the hub data. Check to see what the Hub Firmware version is. If you have version 000000038, you will be able to view the serial address for any device. 

Go to the operational screen of a device. In the upper right hand corner of the shade view, select "Edit". This will bring up the informational data for that device. The 3rd line should populate the Hub and the device serial addresses. If they do not populate, Log out of the App and then log back in. Hub 001 Device 001 will be shown.

This is particularly helpful if you have 2 motors that want to use the same address. If you have device conflicts and cannot resolve them, please call Rollease Motor Tech Support.

Hello
Before I read rollease support, on the iOS app I deleted the shade that was not working, and added the second shade again.

Without doing any changes on Control4 EA1 it started to work perfectly !!

Pd. My hub version is 0000030
But I tather not touch it or update it as it is working fine.

Thank you

J. Gabay
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

following up.. today the driver was updated by the local dealer, from ver 0000030 to 00000038 only one shade appeared, we added the second. and continued to work..

I created a programming when you tap the up arrow on a keyboard both shades roll up.
down button - both shades rolled down
first created them as one action after the other, then I created a blind group and they work.

But, I did the same thing with another button to make them stop. but only 1 stops (the first one) and if I simply switch the second one to be the first, the same thing happens.  and also when you tap the button to stop the blind group, on the first one stops.

have you had this behaviour ?

Not totally sure I understand the problem you are having, but make sure all of your shades have actual top and bottom limits set.   I originally had some funky behavior when some blinds had them and some didn’t (though I don’t see how that could be related to a stop command in any way)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.