C4 Forums | Control4

4th Gen Apple TV, no sound output through HDMI

I have been having some issues with one particular client, where Apple TV's audio would randomly stop, this includes all the clicking sound while navigating, or when watching Apple movies, Netflix, etc.

This particular setup has 3 Apple TV's connected to Leaf's 8x8 4K HDMI Matrix, output is directly to Sony TV through TV speakers.  Generally when this happens, will need to restart Apple TV but this has become a nonsense and client is starting to get annoyed.  I have been trying to find a solution and I'm not sure if this is Apple related or with C4/Leaf.

All 3 Apple TV's seem to be doing the same thing in terms of audio cutting out, there are 3 more TiVo's and a Blu-Ray player connected and they appear to be working fine.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

EDID problem.  Check your config on the Leaf switch.

You could also set the ATV's to PCM stereo, since it's just running into a TV.  If surround sound is involved anywhere and uses these same ATV's, you may want to consider some DAC's to downmix to stereo appropriately where needed.

It's model LU862D with audio down-mixing, I did run a calibration after initial installation, I haven't done another calibration since.  However, there has been no equipment change in terms of TV's.

I have attached the screenshot of the video matrix in Composer, I did set all Apple TV audio out to PCM Stereo.

Maybe I didn't run the calibration properly, are there any specific procedures?

Capture.PNG

Archived