C4 Forums | Control4

LU862 - Switch one output from HDMI to Balen

Topfox

Hey everyone,

Looking to see if there is someone who can help me out.  Basically my installer installed one of my TVs to a HDMI port on my LU862 instead of a Balen port.  Then they used 2 balens to hook up the tv.  One at the LU862 and one at the TV.  This resulted in the image going black ever 2 minutes, and of course now I can't get my dealer to acknowledge me at all.  Is there someone out there who can remap this TV to one of my open balen ports on my LU862?  I already have the wiring done and ready to go, and then do a recalibration on my LU862?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Topfox, how are you?

To see if I understand the problem, the image of the TV that is connected to an HDMI extender, balun or leaf hdbaset is cut every 2 minutes.
This happened me recently and the reason is the following, if you have a network cable directly from the video matrix to the TV, use it without the need of an HDMI extension, using a balun de leaf (hdbaset).
If you don´t have the hdbaset, the balun sender and receiver in TV, use de same hdmi cables (Same brand, model, etc.). On the other hand the output cables of that HDBaseT, has to allow 1080i, 1080p and 4K.
Try recalibrating with all the TV's on, all the video sources on and all the hdbaset or balun turned on.
Your dealer left you the control4 Composer software to do the recalibration?

• 2 weeks later...

I got someone to reprogram it for me. Once I dropped down the two baylens my installer put in to just the single c4 baylen that goes with the Leaf Matrix, everything worked perfectly. 

They stated they didn’t do that before because the c4 baylen kept overheating when placed inside the sunbrite tv protected cover. So I just placed it inside the ceiling instead. 

Archived