C4 Forums | Control4

How to find Native Drivers like Spotify?

3xlegion

Hello, this might be an easy question to answer since I'm just not too familiar with Control4 back-end. Can I find the Spotify native driver somewhere and install it myself using Composer HE or does the dealer HAVE to do it.

Sometime last year I was unable to use Spotify in my C4 system which worked through Sonos. I'm guessing due to the addition of a native Spotify driver. I have Composer HE never really used but just started tinkering with it recently (super basic stuff). I'm guessing I need to add the Spotify driver for the system to work, so want to know if I can do this or only dealers. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

You need a dealer to add the drivers 

Thank you for the info. Good to know. What about all these other drivers people in the forums are talking about like houselogix ones and custom ones, can these be added by customers through Composer HE?

Dealers need to add Drivers apart from Sonos and Phillip Hue which can be added via HE (These then need o placed in correct rooms via dealer). 

HE only gives you the chance to do advanced programming and if you have the rename driver you can rename lights etc.

https://www.greenfieldsolutions.site/composer-he-device-renamer/

Also you can check to see what control4 drivers are  available

http://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?

We will be having a software update in September - so you could get a list of what you are looking for and do the update at the same time to save 

cost

Thank you for all the additional info it helped me learn a lot just right now.

1) I actually just bought my first set of Philips Hue bulbs and plugged them in along with my Alexa. They are not on a C4 light switch, so will the hue driver help with anything? And if I get the driver installed somehow through HE after I find it, for it to all work are you saying dealer will have to do the rest?

2a) Thank you for the rename driver suggestion. There are many devices that the dealer misspelled and lights that we have never renamed after we got this system installed a while back. I'm guessing I can't buy this driver and the dealer will have to purchase it and install it? I've never asked my dealer to do something like this so any idea how much I would be charged for the driver itself or is that not the process?

2b) On the greenfield website it said they recommend installing HouseLogix auto update driver as well with the above. Do you recommend that, given you have all this installed? lol

3) What exactly can I do with the C4 drivers website? I see spotify for example and some with check marks and some without.

Also, I had no idea there was a September update coming to C4, I'm excited! Can't wait to find out the new things that will roll out. Maybe the intercom. Again thanks for all the info, I've had the system for couple years, but only now am I looking to see what other options and customizations I can do. Never touched my HE till few days ago either haha.

6 hours ago, 3xlegion said:

Sometime last year I was unable to use Spotify in my C4 system which worked through Sonos. I'm guessing due to the addition of a native Spotify driver.

It probably stopped working because sonos changed some things with a firmware update and put some limits on what a 3rd party system has access to, resulting in the previous sonos drivers to stop working. The native spotify driver would not have messed that up since the stream comes from a c4 controller, you just need a dealer to add it back into the program for you

6 hours ago, 3xlegion said:

Thank you for all the additional info it helped me learn a lot just right now.

1) I actually just bought my first set of Philips Hue bulbs and plugged them in along with my Alexa. They are not on a C4 light switch, so will the hue driver help with anything? And if I get the driver installed somehow through HE after I find it, for it to all work are you saying dealer will have to do the rest?

2a) Thank you for the rename driver suggestion. There are many devices that the dealer misspelled and lights that we have never renamed after we got this system installed a while back. I'm guessing I can't buy this driver and the dealer will have to purchase it and install it? I've never asked my dealer to do something like this so any idea how much I would be charged for the driver itself or is that not the process?

2b) On the greenfield website it said they recommend installing HouseLogix auto update driver as well with the above. Do you recommend that, given you have all this installed? lol

3) What exactly can I do with the C4 drivers website? I see spotify for example and some with check marks and some without.

Also, I had no idea there was a September update coming to C4, I'm excited! Can't wait to find out the new things that will roll out. Maybe the intercom. Again thanks for all the info, I've had the system for couple years, but only now am I looking to see what other options and customizations I can do. Never touched my HE till few days ago either haha.

Wow -

1 - You need a Driver adding to your project - Once added you can programme these and HE will let you add more Phillip Hue Drivers for new bulbs you buy

2 - Yes you buy from the dealer - Worth Every Penny

3- This just helps you out when you are looking to buy a new TV etc to make sure they have a driver

I would let msgreenf  look at your system and add the bits you need.

Archived