C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom App is out! Go get it!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full list of requirements

Before installing the Control4 Intercom Anywhere app you will need the following:
• A current 4Sight license.
• A current iOS or Android smartphone (Android 5.1 or newer; iOS 10 or newer). The app is not
supported on iPad or Android tablets.
• Your controller updated to OS 2.10.3.
• You must have the Communication agent installed.
• If you are using a DS2 door station, you will need driver version 227 (or later) installed.

7 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

I have a feeling this was on purpose to stick it to us. Lost $50

Oh maybe, it just means that C4 has something really sweet cooking for Cedia. I mean, Intercom App is hard to beat, what can possibly be better?

6 minutes ago, eddy.trochez said:

Oh maybe, it just means that C4 has something really sweet cooking for Cedia. I mean, Intercom App is hard to beat, what can possibly be better?

an alexa enabled remote and/or a touch screen remote perhaps?

Just now, C4tune said:

I have a door bell and a camera at the front door. Could this app send me video when it sense doorbell push? Or does it require a ds2? 

I dont believe so not 100% sure, but I pretty much have this now.

When doorbell is pressed send notification

You get the notification on your phone C4 app opens up and you can look at the camera.

If you miss the guy at the door you will have a time stamp when you got the notification so you know exactly where to rewind your cameras to.

because you don't have a mic and speaker out there the intercom app wont do you much good.

If your Control4 iPhone app is open when the push notification is sent it overlays on top of the C4 App.  

If your Control4 iPhone app is closed when the push notification is sent it shows up on your iPhone notifications bar

App not working for me. Updated system to 10.2.3, and updated the ds2 driver, but when loging into the new intercom app, it says system not supported. System requires a software update. Any ideas? Thinking about rebooting the controller.

So it doesn't appear that the app integrates CallKit for iPhone, or maybe I'm missing something. In other words, if you're closed out of the app, it simply sends you a push notification that if you happen to notice it, will open up the app if you click on it in time?

Archived