C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom App is out! Go get it!!!

19 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Can you have two phones with the same login or do all phones need to different names ?

Yes, you can have two phones with the same log in, both will ring at the same time and they will show up as one device in the T3s.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

Is my belief about callkit integration correct? If so, that is a big bummer. The app seems great, but to really make it useful in terms of the doorbell situation, it seems that call kit is pretty essential. 

Intercom Anywhere does in fact make use of CallKit in order to track call state.  CallKit does not support early media (video preview) however.  Given that early media is an important part of Intercom Anywhere functionality, notifications (if the app is in the background) were the only route for achieving display of early media.

34 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

Is my belief about callkit integration correct? If so, that is a big bummer. The app seems great, but to really make it useful in terms of the doorbell situation, it seems that call kit is pretty essential. 

This is really a head scratcher. "To make it useful in terms of the doorbell situation" What on earth are you referring to? Are you referring to previews? The app gives you a preview before you answer the call. Are you talking about ringing? Well, the phone rings when someone rings the Door Station. When receiving a call, you can swipe on the notification and the app will open. Please, elaborate how the app is not "useful" for your needs.

I've tried every combination of Door Stations out there; including integrating the DS2 with PBX solutions; and the Control4 Intercom App is the S-H-I-T!

3 minutes ago, eddy.trochez said:

This is really a head scratcher. "To make it useful in terms of the doorbell situation" What on earth are you referring to? Are you referring to previews? The app gives you a preview before you answer the call. Are you talking about ringing? Well, the phone rings when someone rings the Door Station. When receiving a call, you can swipe on the notification and the app will open. Please, elaborate how the app is not "useful" for your needs.

I've tried every combination of Door Stations out there; including integrating the DS2 with PBX solutions; and the Control4 Intercom App is the S-H-I-T!

I'm not sure what you're scratching your head about. First and foremost, calm down. Second, I said that, if what I think is the case is true, the app is great, but that callkit integration, in my opinion, is a critical component of the app's usefulness for answering a call from the DS2. Third, I'm not talking about a video preview necessarily. I'm talking about the manner in which your phone "rings" when the DS2 button is pushed. If the notification is just a simple push notification, that's a bummer. Ideally, I would like to see the phone ring in the same manner it does when someone is actually calling you from another phone. I miss push notifications when they initially happen all the time, and noticing them right away is pretty critical to being able to answer the doorbell ring in time. If your phone rang in the typical manner upon a ds2 doorbell push, the odds of missing the "call" would be significantly reduced. I believe callkit integration is what makes that possible. Make sense now?

Let me also clarify that I have not tested it out yet, so if your phone actually does ring when the ds2 station button is pushed, great! That is basically all I'm saying is, in my opinion, critical with respect to my previous comment. Video previews would be great as well, but I'm sure that will come with time.

2 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

The push notification stays until you swipe it away or answer and it does have a loud ringtone. I think they thought that through well. 

Good. Hopefully it vibrates continually if your phone is on vibrate too.

8 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

Ideally, I would like to see the phone ring in the same manner it does when someone is actually calling you from another phone.

That is definitely ideal, but does not currently offer the possibility of seeing who's at the door before choosing to answer unfortunately.

1 minute ago, mstafford388 said:

I've been using it for some time now and have yet to miss a call coming in.  The notification is plenty "notifying" for me.  

perhaps I'll change my mind once I use it. I just know how I felt about other apps that took this approach. Hopefully, I feel differently.

28 minutes ago, nevets23 said:

I'm not sure what you're scratching your head about. First and foremost, calm down. Second, I said that, if what I think is the case is true, the app is great, but that callkit integration, in my opinion, is a critical component of the app's usefulness for answering a call from the DS2. Third, I'm not talking about a video preview necessarily. I'm talking about the manner in which your phone "rings" when the DS2 button is pushed. If the notification is just a simple push notification, that's a bummer. Ideally, I would like to see the phone ring in the same manner it does when someone is actually calling you from another phone. I miss push notifications when they initially happen all the time, and noticing them right away is pretty critical to being able to answer the doorbell ring in time. If your phone rang in the typical manner upon a ds2 doorbell push, the odds of missing the "call" would be significantly reduced. I believe callkit integration is what makes that possible. Make sense now?

I am purely speculating but on the 2n version you can set it up to ring like a phone call or a push notification.  I prefer the push because then I can click a button to get a live view to see if I want to answer.  with the phone call, it looks like a phone call and no quick/easy way to look at a the live video feed (yes you could get alan's push notice to send you a still image, but thats a lot of clicking and you may miss the call)

not saying this option is available in the C4 implementation, but I have an option for both and actually pick the push notification to get the quicker/easy live feed.  90% of people ringing my door are delivery people, so to answer each call each time as a phone call would be annoying for everyone.

10 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

I am purely speculating but on the 2n version you can set it up to ring like a phone call or a push notification.  I prefer the push because then I can click a button to get a live view to see if I want to answer.  with the phone call, it looks like a phone call and no quick/easy way to look at a the live video feed (yes you could get alan's push notice to send you a still image, but thats a lot of clicking and you may miss the call)

not saying this option is available in the C4 implementation, but I have an option for both and actually pick the push notification to get the quicker/easy live feed.  90% of people ringing my door are delivery people, so to answer each call each time as a phone call would be annoying for everyone.

Correct, in the 2N app you have to disable CallKit to get a preview. With the DS2, you can get an email with an image when someone rings the door station. This is a built in feature, not third party driver required. And you can set it to missed calls only or all calls. I prefer all calls.

Archived