C4 Forums | Control4

Announcements not secure

I am trying to add a new announcement and get the popup that I cannot because the file share is not secure. It says that my file share (loading from a usb drive requires SMB1 and that this will no longer work.

Can some one tell me how I can put a sound file out thre that I can then "add" to my announcements?

I could be wrong but I think you need to create another user in Win 10 with folder privileges of the folder you're trying to share with C4.  I don't think you can connect to it with the Win 10 admin user.

15 hours ago, eddy.trochez said:

You need to set your network to “Private” in the Windows settings

OK - THAT made the message go away - however here is what I am experiencing

It USED TO BE that control 4 showed you next to "Play Audio file" the file name that you were playing for the announcement. The pull down there is now always BLANK for me.

I uploaded the file in WAV and MP3 formats and it continuously says - if you recently uploaded the file wait and try again because it is not available on DIRECTOR.

I think that I am getting closer but would really like for it to actually play the file that I uploaded and also (if possible) show the name of the file that I am playing.

Thoughts?

Well - sheepishly - I was wrong - Evidently when you get to a very large amount of announcements it can take several minutes for the announcements to populate in the announcements tab. So my system is working, since it did not populate the announcements to choose from within a minute or so, I would abandon it thinking it was not working. It was. You just have to wait a very long time.

Archived