C4 Forums | Control4

Google Home -- seriously STILL no native C4 integration yet

When oh when will Control4 figure out Google Home integration????    Been waiting for year+ for something better than the IFTTT driver (painful installation even my dealer can't figure out) and the no-longer-working echo driver (that used Philips Hue workaround).

shockingly nothing officially mentioned from C4 on this......

Echo driver is working the last I used it.

Google needs to become an official partner with C4, before C4 would even think of creating the driver/integration.

C4 will not produce drivers without manufacturer consent.

3rd party on the other hand is a different story, but isn't that what happened to the original Home driver?  API changed, broke integration and now sits on the minds shelf.

Correct, the driver (echo? forget its name) used Philips Hue driver as a work-around but doesn't work anymore for any new Google Home implementations (only works for legacy customers who still have the Google Home to Philips Hue integrated, new systems can't make the connection).

2 minutes ago, zaphod said:

I believe the driver was written by Epic systems who also wrote a very good Amazon Alexa/Echo driver that was around before the C4 driver.

Yes Epic was the driver - thanks.  I now use their Alexa driver but like the Google Home much better than Alexa.  

1 minute ago, jamesmbond7 said:

Yes Epic was the driver - thanks.  I now use their Alexa driver but like the Google Home much better than Alexa.  

Why is that?  I find the C4 integration to be, by far, the most useful aspect of smart speakers.  My voice commands didn't work for a week and it was very annoying.

5 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Why is that?  I find the C4 integration to be, by far, the most useful aspect of smart speakers.  My voice commands didn't work for a week and it was very annoying.

+1

I only use my Dots for C4 integration and I use native C4, the Epic driver and Alan’s IFTTT driver.  For some reason the IFTTT integration has been flaky for the last week and it has driven us batty - saying “trigger open blinds” and nothing happens in the morning is highly frustrating (as it ya storied foawlessly for over a year) and I struggled to figure out which button to push to do it without voice.  This just shows how reliant my family has become on Alexa in the last year or two!

10 hours ago, jamesmbond7 said:

When oh when will Control4 figure out Google Home integration????    Been waiting for year+ for something better than the IFTTT driver (painful installation even my dealer can't figure out) and the no-longer-working echo driver (that used Philips Hue workaround).

shockingly nothing officially mentioned from C4 on this......

One word: Lawyers

Alexa has an api which control4 uses. Could they break it sure. But unlikely since thousands use the api.

I no you never said that - I was asking if they could break that Too ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 8/17/2018 at 3:55 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

+1

I only use my Dots for C4 integration and I use native C4, the Epic driver and Alan’s IFTTT driver.  For some reason the IFTTT integration has been flaky for the last week and it has driven us batty - saying “trigger open blinds” and nothing happens in the morning is highly frustrating (as it ya storied foawlessly for over a year) and I struggled to figure out which button to push to do it without voice.  This just shows how reliant my family has become on Alexa in the last year or two!

why not just use our (Epic Systems) driver for raising and lowering the blinds?  It would be more natural to say "Raise the blinds" or "Lower the blinds", or you could create an Alexa Routine for Open the Blinds and Close the Blinds and have that call our SET and OFF events...if you prefer to use the words open and close.

Archived