C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa DirecTV skill and C4 question

Elvis

I guess I missed the new DirecTV Alexa skill -- or perhaps it's just improved. Anyway, we use it and like it.

Is there an easy way to trigger C4 to turn on the TV and set the input to DIRECTV if someone asks Alexa for a DIRECTV command? 

The forum seems quiet....I'm after some help with Alexa too...
If DIRECTV is a device in one or more of your rooms, then you should be able to enable it in your C4 account using your 4Sight login.
Alexa can then control this devive via "Turn on Driectv in the lounge"

(I don't know what Directv is - so making assumptions here)

I believe Elvis was asking about using the native Alexa DirecTV skill and having a DirecTV box event result in a Control4 action.

I know that you can use the Control4 skill to turn on “watch” endpoints (“Alexa, turn on Family Room DorecTV”) but I’m not aware of any way to make a non-Control4 skill trigger a Control4 action. Maybe the Epic driver can do it.

The Epic driver allows 'on', 'off', 'up', 'down' and 'set'.

With set you can then use epic's variables values - though I think this is limited to numbers 1 to 100

So pretty much anything you can program in C4 you can program into epic driver custom triggers.

C4's new voice scene seems to do the 'on', 'off' triggers just as well now though.

Archived