C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Media Edition - sort playlist

Lawexec

Has anyone heard from Control4 headquarters whether they will ever add a basic feature to Composer desktop application - playlist sort capability?

It would be great if a moderator from Control4 would step in here.

I have Composer ME and there is no way to sort playlists I create. If you have hundreds of songs in a playlist, and want to add  more but can't remember each and every song you've already included, then being able to sort a playlist would make all the difference. All major media players (e.g., iTunes, Media Player, etc.) have had this capability for years.

Thanks.

Adding/making playlists in Composer ME/HE needs a serious overhaul for sure. It would also be nice to just have the ability to CTRL-click or SHIFT-click so you can add more than one song at a time--another very basic thing along the lines of sorting that you mentioned. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve finally decided that I’ll probably be better off using a 3rd party integration, like Plex, instead of Composer. It’s nice to be able to see album covers,etc on the touchscreen navigators, but the search feature to find a specific album or a specific movie to match up with the name entered into Composer hardly ever works. I have a QNAP NAS on my network and have Control4 linked to the Multimedia directory and it scans for audio, video, etc, which I just disabled. Since it doesn’t ever find the correct movie by name, I input the metadata manually, as well as adding the cover art. When Control4 scanned everything again, it added duplicates of everything. I remember when I used Plex, it was much less work but I couldn’t view cover art on the navigators. Not to mention, snapshots on the QNAP are stored in the same directories, and the recycle bins, so if it auto scans for media files, it’ll pick this up too.

Maybe I’m asking too much, but I’m just having trouble getting it to work the way I want.

Archived