C4 Forums | Control4

Bids on remote programming

dandre

Relatively new to the forum... is it reasonable to ask for bids on a small job and possibly future remote programming work?

Currently I have two small changes that need to be done:

1. Add Dahua NVR driver to C4 to integrate my cameras into C4 (DAHUA NVR5208-8P-4KS2)
2. Change the remote control display so I can watch "TV" instead of watch "Uverse"

I have an HC800, located in NorCal but currently no dealer.

18 minutes ago, dandre said:

Relatively new to the forum... is it reasonable to ask for bids on a small job and possibly future remote programming work?

Currently I have two small changes that need to be done:

1. Add Dahua NVR driver to C4 to integrate my cameras into C4 (DAHUA NVR5208-8P-4KS2)
2. Change the remote control display so I can watch "TV" instead of watch "Uverse"

I have an HC800, located in NorCal but currently no dealer.

I do remote programming for my clients upon request. I also service those who do not have a local dealer that's available.  I'll send you a pm.

Bid... quote... I was really just looking for a price.  Do these things happen over paypal?  How do I know who is reputable/honest/fair?

I guess the Dahua driver is 3rd party?  That seems odd to me since they are a huge OEM for the security market, the other being Hikvision... I thought between the two vendors they made like 90% of the equipment?!?

Edit: thanks for those of you that responded via PM.  I will probably take my time making a decision, I have to wait for payday anyway.

7 minutes ago, dandre said:

Bid... quote... I was really just looking for a price.  Do these things happen over paypal?  How do I know who is reputable/honest/fair?

I guess the Dahua driver is 3rd party?  That seems odd to me since they are a huge OEM for the security market, the other being Hikvision... I thought between the two vendors they made like 90% of the equipment?!?

Edit: thanks for those of you that responded via PM.  I will probably take my time making a decision, I have to wait for payday anyway.

Dahua may be a large OEM,  but if they have no interest in making the driver, Control4 likely may not make one.  3rd party driver creators fill this void, but at a cost.  As far as who is honest/reputable/fair etc, look at the feedback on the "looking for a integrator" section.  That'll be a good indicator of who's experienced, and reputable here.  The forums tend to police themselves, so there aren't many if any "hacks" on the forums who do shoddy work.  

The ones that I know of and have actually dealt with professionally:

Neil12011: Myself of course

Ak1

Matt Lowe

Ari (choppeddog) -Driver creator also

Msgreenf (Greenfield Solutions)- Driver creator also

As long as your controller OS is on at least 2.91, you should be able to take advantage of any of the available 3rd party dahua drivers.  As for reputable dealers, you'll know you picked the right one when you feel like you got value for the buck.  A fair dealer will throw in a couple freebies or fix a couple obvious flaws while they're in your system.  You're not expected to know how much more you can squeeze out of your system without extra cost so I try to throw the options out there or just add the features right there and then at no extra cost.  I'll even do a few programming examples to help steer them on the right track.

Not all of us advertise as we're not looking to spread ourselves thin.  I frequent the forums on my free time and try to be available at the very present moment when I notice someone who's having issues or needs integration.

I could vouch for the persons mentioned above as well.

Pay day is coming up!!!

My director is on version 2.10.0.540110. 

PS - ComposerHE ver 2.10.0 stopped connecting (can't authenticate) so I can't screen capture my layout... the security patch didn't work though I might need to restart my PC.  Unfortunately I'm working on it remotely so that will have to wait until tonight.

Seems like Dahua is OEM for Honeywell, Panasonic, Lorex, QSee, Amcrest, Legrand... there are some pretty big names there to not have a driver readily available!  But you guys would know more than I !!! (Also ONVIF)

Edit:  readily available meaning free from C4 - I understand you programmers have developed your own drivers for resale, which are readily available to the dealers on this forum. 

32 minutes ago, dandre said:

Pay day is coming up!!!

My director is on version 2.10.0.540110. 

PS - ComposerHE ver 2.10.0 stopped connecting (can't authenticate) so I can't screen capture my layout... the security patch didn't work though I might need to restart my PC.  Unfortunately I'm working on it remotely so that will have to wait until tonight.

Make sure you download the updated newer version of composer he 2.10 (patched) from the link shown when you log into your control4.com account.  There will be a message about this. It should get you connected to your project again.

2 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Make sure you download the updated newer version of composer he 2.10 (patched) from the link shown when you log into your control4.com account.  There will be a message about this. It should get you connected to your project again.

Thanks.  The drop down box only offers Composer HE 2.10.3 for download with a "click here" option to patch earlier versions.  In other words, I don't see a way to re-download HE 2.10.0 for a fresh installation.

7 minutes ago, dandre said:

Seems like Dahua is OEM for Honeywell, Panasonic, Lorex, QSee, Amcrest, Legrand... there are some pretty big names there to not have a driver readily available!  But you guys would know more than I !!!

Edit:  readily available meaning free from C4 - I understand you programmers have developed your own drivers for resale, which are readily available to the dealers on this forum.

One of the 3rd party drivers that was created by @msgreenf is also an Amcrest driver. It supports both brands. There isn't much of a way around not using the driver. It may be possible to add a free generic camera test driver for each of your cameras but that may require a little more work but you will not benefit from any of the enhanced motion sensing programming features of the 3rd party driver option.  Your choice. Personally, I recommend the 3rd party option.

Just now, dandre said:

Thanks.  The drop down box only offers Composer HE 2.10.3 for download with a "click here" option to patch earlier versions.  In other words, I don't see a way to re-download HE 2.10.0 for a fresh installation.

When you log in, do you see a message about the security patch?  Is there a link somewhere there that gives you a choice of which version?  I can also send you a link

1 minute ago, dandre said:

Nix that... I must have accessed the link differently.  2.10.0 IS there when I go in the way you described!

2 minutes ago, dcovach said:

One of the 3rd party drivers that was created by @msgreenf is also an Amcrest driver. It supports both brands. There isn't much of a way around not using the driver. It may be possible to add a free generic camera test driver for each of your cameras but that may require a little more work but you will not benefit from any of the enhanced motion sensing programming features of the 3rd party driver option.  Your choice. Personally, I recommend the 3rd party option.

Understood, thank you for the clarification on the advantages of this particular/existing driver!

Not sure you guys can read this small font in the attached image, but does my system look disorganized to you?

It reads:  David Andre Home, Home, House, Main, Home... then all my stuff.  I only had backyard, courtyard, north wing, and garage added recently for my distributed audio zones.

c4 system.jpg

9 minutes ago, dandre said:

Not sure you guys can read this small font in the attached image, but does my system look disorganized to you?

It reads:  David Andre Home, Home, House, Main, Home... then all my stuff.  I only had backyard, courtyard, north wing, and garage added recently for my distributed audio zones.

c4 system.jpg

yes, its very disorganized.  you should have rooms

On 8/31/2018 at 4:10 PM, knowitall said:

Omg whoever originally did that should not be allowed to program anymore

You mean Liberty Bell Alarm?  One Touch Media took over the project for over a year, faithfully upgraded my OS, and left the rooms as-is.  Thankfully Neil fixed it... just waiting on working cameras!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.