C4 Forums | Control4

Bids on remote programming

dandre

13 minutes ago, dandre said:

Well, I've already posted the before... Here is the after!

image.png.bf06e6e25a74ca663c291464f29ad41b.png

That looks right. I usually like to add floors (basement, 2nd level) to show a basic visual layout. Sometimes it helps in understanding how far away one room might be from another if they're separated by one or two floors.  Not always necessary. A drawing or quick phone call can sort that out too.  Your house is probably a bungalow?

10 minutes ago, dcovach said:

That looks right. I usually like to add floors (basement, 2nd level) to show a basic visual layout. Sometimes it helps in understanding how far away one room might be from another if they're separated by one or two floors.  Not always necessary. A drawing or quick phone call can sort that out too.  Your house is probably a bungalow?

Naw... it's basically a single story with a theater room upstairs.  I am going to zone my HVAC at which point I will have a controllable thermostat up there, but right now, nada.

Looks like this except with a Jeep in the garage...

image.png.aed970f92202ec541e71270734ca5f17.png

15 minutes ago, knowitall said:

Kitchen is spelled wrong

my OCD is worse

Good work! I’d normally put all Inside up top and outside at the end but either way. 

The ultimate solution for end user ocd mis-spelling or spelling preference is the renamer driver.

• 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, dandre said:

I need a price to move from 2.10 to OS3... Is it worth it?

There's no cost for the update, except for any time a dealer may need to charge for any work required to prepare the update and after.

So far the feedback on OS3 is good, but it all depends on whether you're hung up on the current Navigator or if you want the new one.  I can analize your system for free and let you know what it'll need for the update.  

Is your primary controller an EA series?  At least an HC800?  You can't update on an HC250.

1 minute ago, dandre said:

I have an HC800, no other controllers.  My experience in the past was that it took about 10 mins to upgrade the OS.  I'm specifically looking for a price on labor.

It may take 10 minutes, or it may take an hour including the extra work.  Depends on a few things.   The OS update itself runs in the background.  It's the other devices or drivers that need attention that will eat up time.

Do you have touch screen's, speaker points, security system driver.  eg.  older speaker points have to be removed.  Same with older touch screens.  If you have an older security system driver, that may or may not need to be updated or re-configured from scratch.

I can run a compatibility check for free and that will dictate what is incompatible with the update and how long it may take. 

Labor rates are usually within a competitive range between dealer to dealer.  Sometimes a flat rate is quoted.

7 minutes ago, dcovach said:

I can run a compatibility check for free and that will dictate what is incompatible with the update and how long it may take. 

Sounds good.  No touchscreens, shouldn't be any compatibility issues, but I do have a GE Concord4 connected.  Also, the PSU in my NVR is down so my security cameras are offline at the moment.

3 minutes ago, dandre said:

Sounds good.  No touchscreens, shouldn't be any compatibility issues, but I do have a GE Concord4 connected.

So that may need to be updated / re-configured if it hasn't already yet.  Only "V2" security drivers are compatible with OS3

2 minutes ago, dcovach said:

So that may need to be updated / re-configured if it hasn't already yet.  Only "V2" security drivers are compatible with OS3

Probably already done but you can check... I emailed you with my contact info.

4 minutes ago, dandre said:

Probably already done but you can check... I emailed you with my contact info.

Got it.  Thanks.

Just an FYI, hc800's won't display a navigator in os3. If you can live with that, then you're another step closer to knowing whether you want to update to os3.

8 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Got it.  Thanks.

Just an FYI, hc800's won't display a navigator in os3. If you can live with that, then you're another step closer to knowing whether you want to update to os3.

Meaning on my TV?  Like when I push the C4 button on my C4 remote?  I would have to use my computer or my phone?  (I don't have touchscreens).

20 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Yes. The HDMI output from the hc800 to a tv or avr won't display the navigator. You'll have to rely on the c4 app, or c4 remotes. No pc/mac navigator either os3.

The app is nice, I must admit

May as well save your time... I don't think I will move to OS3 since 1/2 of my interfaces would go away.  I use my TV occasionally to interface, and my PC regularly.  Not worth it for now. 

I'm assuming if I added a touchscreen, I'd run into a compatibility issue obtaining a new-enough touchscreen that still works with an HC800?

The T3 touch screens are only supported in os3. You may want to consider an ea3 or an ea5 (if you really need it) if you want a tv navigator. You can run a project on an ea1 but that may not have enough audio outputs for your system (i haven't looked at it yet).

If you use the PC app a lot, then stay on your current system

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.