C4 Forums | Control4

Replacing old 6 button keypad with newer keypad

drmark12pa

I'm swapping out some of my older C4 keypads for the newer style.  I have several of the configurable keypads which can control 1 load (in my case a light) which work fantastically.

However, I'm trying to figure out which of the multiple keypads available would replace the old style 6 button keypad that doesn't control a load.  These, I believe were wired in place of an 3 way switch install.  The 6 button old style obviously never controlled a load directly.  I would like to replace the old 6 button with a new configurable version that doesn't need to directly control a load.  Though in reading the spec sheet it appears the new configurable keypads can actually control a load when wired in the 3 way configuration.

The newer keypads seem quite a bit more advanced.  I was just happy with the newer configurable light switch with all the button sizes and multiple buttons (especially room volume).

On 8/25/2018 at 4:36 PM, drmark12pa said:

I'm swapping out some of my older C4 keypads for the newer style.  I have several of the configurable keypads which can control 1 load (in my case a light) which work fantastically.

However, I'm trying to figure out which of the multiple keypads available would replace the old style 6 button keypad that doesn't control a load.  These, I believe were wired in place of an 3 way switch install.  The 6 button old style obviously never controlled a load directly.  I would like to replace the old 6 button with a new configurable version that doesn't need to directly control a load.  Though in reading the spec sheet it appears the new configurable keypads can actually control a load when wired in the 3 way configuration.

The newer keypads seem quite a bit more advanced.  I was just happy with the newer configurable light switch with all the button sizes and multiple buttons (especially room volume).

C4-KC120277 is a keypad only, no dimmer. 

Archived