C4 Forums | Control4

SR260 and Favorite Channels

dw886

What's the best approach to handle easily bringing up the "Channels" list on an SR260?  I had feedback the other day that it would be nice to get a list of channels to select from like a Harmony does after you choose an activity (like "watch tv")...

I know that you can get there on the SR260 by going to List --> Watch --> Channels --> All Channels, but this is a little buried.  It's far more straight forward in the tablet experience because you can choose "Watch" --> "Channels", and directly select the channel that you want without the room even being on, but putting tablets in every room isn't practical, nor is it really desirable - tactile feedback of a standard remote often wins in bedrooms and dark settings.

Anyone have a standard way of dealing with this?

Watch is currently going to the most recently watched (that setting is turned on for the SR260 rather than showing the list, because 99% of the time the rooms are showing live tv via DirecTV).  I was hoping that I could just change what shows up at the top, so if they have a certain source on (DirecTV), then the list of channels for that source could be defaulted to the screen.  It sounds like the only way to do this is for the initial navigation?

Archived