C4 Forums | Control4

Philips HUE integrated with Control4

diversitie

Question

8 answers to this question

You can set your lights to a level/static scene and store that as a preset for this light in Composer HE - that works. But you can't save dynamic scenes.
The Hue driver from Control4/Philips isn't very good, changing color doesn't work reliable and dimming anything with more than 2 lights in a group is laggy.

I had the same problem so we updated our HUE Sensors driver to activate a Hue light scene for a given group (or room) via a command. This way you can design your light scenes with the specialized Hue App and just trigger them together with the Control4 lights from within Control4.

You can check it out at https://www.unilogiq.com/en/control4-drivers

On 5/13/2020 at 4:01 PM, Bogdy said:

I had the same problem so we updated our HUE Sensors driver to activate a Hue light scene for a given group (or room) via a command. This way you can design your light scenes with the specialized Hue App and just trigger them together with the Control4 lights from within Control4.

You can check it out at https://www.unilogiq.com/en/control4-drivers

This sounds very interesting @Bogdy. I am interested to know more about how this actually works in Composer to save and set scenes. Can you post some screenshots and/or description? Would you consider expanding the Hue functionality in your driver to include more lighting control and that fixes the issues with the C4 hue driver in that regard?

Hi @ajmccaus, I was simply creating the scenes with the Hue App and implemented in the driver the possibility to select one of them from the list and also room off/all room off. In the Compose this is realized using commands with parameters and it can be tested before by using Actions with parameters.

9 hours ago, Bogdy said:

Hi @ajmccaus, I was simply creating the scenes with the Hue App and implemented in the driver the possibility to select one of them from the list and also room off/all room off. In the Compose this is realized using commands with parameters and it can be tested before by using Actions with parameters.

I had a look at your driver documentation (great quality BTW). I definitely want to try this out in my project. Does your off command issue a Hue API PUT request to simply set {"on": false} for that room (group)? Does your driver GET all the HUE groups (rooms/zones) from the bridge and parse the JSON reply to get the groupID's for each room or zone that's set up in the Hue app?

If your driver's off command is like the above I'd like to bind it to a keypad press to replace the C4 driver's 'off' action on the same keypad press. Would that be possible?

Yes and yes. :)

This is my usage scenario, triggering the command from the keypads depending on night/day conditions. I use set scene instead of on and off room or lights to reduce the load on the HUE Bridge.

Let me know your email via PM and I'll give you my newest version to try it out and give feedback.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.