C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Kwikset Module - request for someone with a Kwikset Control4 lock

dw886

Can someone with one of these Kwikset locks do me a favor and check if yours lists a Model on the top of chip?  I have a Control4 Zigbee module for a Kwikset lock that recently stopped working - it disappeared from the Mesh, and we can't get it to re-ID.  We started working with Kwikset on it.  At the top of the chip is the black piece of plastic that's exposed without removing the chip from the kwikset motor, and visible when simply removing the battery cover as shown in the pic.  My black piece says nothing on the top.  The Kwikset folks are telling me that there should be something that says "Model: " followed by a number, along with "FCC ID" and "ID" on it.  I need to know the model number so they can send me a replacement.

KwiksetControl4LockModule.jpg

KwiksetControl4Lock.png

Thanks for posting - That looks identical to mine from what I can tell.  I did a bunch of searching around the internet trying to find these modules, and it looks like some of them (the z-wave ones from kwikset at least) have a sticker on the top part of the black plastic that says Model, FCC ID, and ID.  My Control4 ones don't have that though.  I guess I'll call them back and see if I can get any further without it unless someone else happens to have it.

Archived