C4 Forums | Control4

Composer programming slow with hourglass intermittently

drmark12pa

I've had some issues lately while I'm programming via Composer on my laptop where I'm getting the Windows hourglass delay.  Not sure why this is hanging a bit but it certainly is annoying.  I'm running 2.10.3 and I believe everything to be up to date.  I have a total of I believe 52 devices running off my EA5 and have 2 more EA3s in my system in addition to an HC800.  It seems the green circle in the lower right hand corner of Composer (indicating online status) goes to yellow (NOT RESPONDING).

That can be caused by a number of things. Sometimes it's because of a corrupt driver or sometimes caused by poor execution of our own programming which results in a bit of a loop. What changed recently and does this happen after a reboot?  Does this happen when you select a specific device to program?

I can't think of anything that has changed recently in hardware.  I should try to power cycle my EA5 as that has worked in the past when media scanning (when I wanted to add some albums to my media library) didn't work.  The lag is not specific to any particular part of programming at all.  You try to drag a programming command over and you get a NOT RESPONDING yellow circle.  After about 10 seconds it becomes responsive but it's at least every minute it will happen not just periodically.

Archived