C4 Forums | Control4

OS2.10.4

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, dcovach said:

On a positive note, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the camera jump feature only works on EA series controllers and t3's. Very handy if you have a lot of cameras and want them popping up on t3's or tv nav when there's motion or for whatever reason. As much as I still like the hc800, I can't go back to that now that I've been used to an ea5 and t3's the progression of features and drivers exclusive to it. Not much of an advantage to mix and match older v2's just to save a few bucks on a slow moving TS in comparison to a t3.

The add music driver is a bonus for end users. It seems like Control4 is slowly giving some power back to the end users for supporting newer equipment.  Not a bad thing.

Yes but to get the Camera Jump to work on EA controllers you need to drop the feed down to 720p which I do not wish to do. 

DS2 works as that is 720p, however my hikvision Cameras are all 1080p - The stupidity of having T3 which can take the 1080p and EA controllers which can not 

is just stupid to me. 

The add music driver is good idea.

1 hour ago, therockhr said:

I just want to double check on this; there is now no software limitations on the EA-1, correct? It can have multiple rooms and slave controllers?

Multiple rooms was never an issue (IIRC), and Yes on 2.10.4 you can have the EA1 as primary and other slave controllers.

I just want to double check on this; there is now no software limitations on the EA-1, correct? It can have multiple rooms and slave controllers?
Yes and yes though the audio output issues discussed above (hdmi only) persist.
Multiple rooms was never an issue (IIRC), and Yes on 2.10.4 you can have the EA1 as primary and other slave controllers.
Ea1 has historically been only able to director a one room project, a difference from the hc250 predecessor

There was no limitation on the EA-1 as to how many rooms were in the project, it just could not be used as the primary controller in a system that had secondary controllers.

That limitation has now also been removed, and you could architect a system with many secondary controllers with a main EA-1 as the primary controller.

Wouldn't make too much sense for reasons outlined above, but the limitation has been lifted.

My house has an HC800 as the primary controller, with EA3 and EA5 as secondary controllers.  Mostly because I'm too lazy to swap it to the EA5...  :)

RyanE

On 9/13/2018 at 12:47 PM, SMHarman said:
On 9/13/2018 at 12:45 PM, therockhr said:
So if I do not use on board audio or video and don't need the extra IO...is there any difference between the EA-1 and EA-3?

Not really

I would say minimal. Not using it doesn't shut the process down (completely) as such, so there would TECHNICALLY be some difference....but noticeability would be minimal

On 9/14/2018 at 12:03 PM, knowitall said:

Even with the migration wizard?!?

I only threw the EA-5 on top of my rack in order to get additional Audio Outputs.

It sat waiting to be installed too long already.

I need to really take the time and put it in the rack and do the cables right.

RyanE

I'm happy about the addition of the Amazon Music driver.  Like msgreenf said, since it comes with my Prime subscription I'm happy to have another commercial free streaming choice.  I just deleted the overly complicated HEOS integration that really only worked in the one room with the Denon.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, Cyknight said:

Funny thing is that no-one is mentioning the biggest change to when->then here - the ability (by the dealer at least, not sure on HE) to tag any existing programming as 'customer' making existing programming available to edit using when->then. This means it's quick and easy to change older system programming into something people can edit themselves...

That's indeed a handy feature, so I will be asking my CI to adjust programming items that I may want to manage myself in the future but get them to leave items that are more complex / integral to the operation of our automation locked.

With that said, as an end user, I still see that When > Then has no ability to add "If" conditions, a pretty basic requirement of programming, so I still can't see me making any use of it for *automation*, control maybe....

As an end user, I used to be able to login to the EA5 as an End User to see the status of the director (CPU / Memory usage etc).  With this update, this seems to have dis-appeared and the login screen no longer gives an option to select which type of user login you want to use and only has a password box.  Anyone got any info on if this has been purposely removed, or do I need to access it some other way?

46 minutes ago, GadgetBazza said:

As an end user, I used to be able to login to the EA5 as an End User to see the status of the director (CPU / Memory usage etc).  With this update, this seems to have dis-appeared and the login screen no longer gives an option to select which type of user login you want to use and only has a password box.  Anyone got any info on if this has been purposely removed, or do I need to access it some other way?

It's been purposely removed - they stopped allowing direct log-in for when-then (which is what that was intended for) as there were some issues (don't remember the details on what, sorry)

49 minutes ago, GadgetBazza said:

That's indeed a handy feature, so I will be asking my CI to adjust programming items that I may want to manage myself in the future but get them to leave items that are more complex / integral to the operation of our automation locked.

With that said, as an end user, I still see that When > Then has no ability to add "If" conditions, a pretty basic requirement of programming, so I still can't see me making any use of it for *automation*, control maybe....

When-then is not intended to be a full programming feature, indeed meant to be limited to simple functionality. That's what ComposeHE is for.

Archived