C4 Forums | Control4

HC-250 4GB Micro-SD card Upgrade to 8GB ?

Merlin309

Question

Greetings.  I have an HC-250 based system - in service now x 4 years.  Any warranty is long since expired.  As a Geek was curious regarding the guts.
In addition, I've had problems with ComposerME (supposed to allow control over media sources - but with over 3TB music and video files, the ME database clogged up my HC-250 memory with music folder images and other garbage).  I do have ComposerHE - but it does NOT allow data file cleanup - I have to pay a dealer/installer to do that with Composer Pro.
In addition, there are internal conflicts as my current OS is 2.9.1 but some files are 2.9.0.  I need to update my version of Epic Echo controller - from ver 110 to the current Ver 180 (which I've downloaded) - but of course can't install.  Dealer says (of course) will take a service call visit (Ka Ching)
-
So - - Anyway: I noticed a CR-3032 backup battery - so while system powered up, I replaced that with a new one (old one has been in there x 4 years)
AND I noticed a 4GB SanDisk Micro-SD card.  I plugged it into my PC - and of course whatever format is on the card could NOT be read by my PC.
In addition - not even my disk clone program could see the SD card.  I suspect the card is formatted with some variant of Linux or possibly an even more obscure OS ??
-
Anyway - before my dealer comes out to "re-flash" my system (yes - I will use ComposerHE to back up my configuration first)
Should I consider replacing the 4GB MicroSD card with an 8 or even 16GB card ??

IMG_3888.JPG

IMG_3891.JPG

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived