C4 Forums | Control4

Weather station updates

TexasBill

I have had an Ambient weather WS-2080A integrated with Control 4 using the Extra Veggies driver and it has worked well. The outside unit died and it is discontinued.  This unit was tethered to a computer and then I used Cumulus to update a directory on a web site (wunderground.com) which updated Control4.

I have now purchased the brand new Ambient Weather WS-2000 Wifi OSPREY solar powered Wireless Weather Station.

I am willing to use the Cumulus software to post the information to  wundergrund if I can do that - OR I am willing to have the new system interface directly with Control 4.

I have read all the posts on the forum and have not yet found the definitive answer of what WILL work. I have the OSPREY which is posting REALTIME to WUNDERGROUND.COM

How can I point Control 4 to that data?

How can I interface to Control 4?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

If you can get the data up on Wunderground, there is a C4 Wunderground weather station driver to pull that data into C4.  I have used it successfully in much the same way you are thinking. 

My Netatmo weather station posts to a Wunderground weather station, and then I pull the data off Wunderground into C4 via this driver.  The driver shows up like a thermostat in your system, so you can add it and see the outside temperature, humidity, etc in your Control4 UI.  I have programmed various actions using the weather station temperature reported by the driver, but I haven't tried anything more sophisticated.  

In my experience, the link from Wunderground to C4 is pretty solid.  (The Netatmo to Wunderground link is another story entirely!  But fortunately that won't be a problem for you.)

7 hours ago, DLite said:

If you can get the data up on Wunderground, there is a C4 Wunderground weather station driver to pull that data into C4.  I have used it successfully in much the same way you are thinking. 

My Netatmo weather station posts to a Wunderground weather station, and then I pull the data off Wunderground into C4 via this driver.  The driver shows up like a thermostat in your system, so you can add it and see the outside temperature, humidity, etc in your Control4 UI.  I have programmed various actions using the weather station temperature reported by the driver, but I haven't tried anything more sophisticated.  

In my experience, the link from Wunderground to C4 is pretty solid.  (The Netatmo to Wunderground link is another story entirely!  But fortunately that won't be a problem for you.)

You are making my day!

I got it up and running. wow - this is SO MUCH EASIER than my prior set up - so much easier to program.

I found my weather station and this just looks and works SLICK!

I owe you one.  This was simply perfect. THANK you very much for responding - it was extremely helpful and appreciated.

This is working slick. Easy to integrate with my solar shades for wind (my main goal). The integration on my app on my phone is really cool as well. I really like this.

So after reading this post  I went and got the driver, but after following the link to

https://www.wunderground.com/weather/api

The main page has this below:

To improve our services and enhance our relationship with our users, we will no longer provide free weather API keys as part of our program. If you have been directed to download our Weather Underground free API key by a third party provider, please contact your vendor for resolution.

What will this mean to the driver?

On 9/14/2018 at 7:29 PM, TexasBill said:

You are making my day!

I got it up and running. wow - this is SO MUCH EASIER than my prior set up - so much easier to program.

I found my weather station and this just looks and works SLICK!

I owe you one.  This was simply perfect. THANK you very much for responding - it was extremely helpful and appreciated.

This is working slick. Easy to integrate with my solar shades for wind (my main goal). The integration on my app on my phone is really cool as well. I really like this.

TexasBill, were you able to get an API or did you need one for weather underground?  Thanks so much.

• 1 month later...

Well am currently stuck at getting WU API to my Netatmo WS, I used a workaround to have Netatmo talks again to WU via Meteoware.com.  Any help around this?

one last thing, will IBM stop fu*king things for people like us? Killing a working scheme without building a replacement is just pure stupidity ...

Archived